Named for the peanut butter, peanut butter chips and peanuts, Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies might be my favorite peanut butter cookies of all time.
While typical peanut butter criss-cross cookies are crisp and sandie textured, these are soft centered dense peanut butter cookies with crispy edges and richness from the candy chunks. For best results, weigh ingredients.
- 2 sticks (8 oz) butter, softened
- 1 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar -- (8 oz)
- 1 cup sugar -- (7 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter -- (11 7/8 oz), mainstream type with salt and sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour -- (11 1/4 oz)**
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dry roasted salted peanuts -- (6 1/4 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter chips or chocolate chips -- (8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, peanut butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined. Stir in the flour, nuts, and chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (or heaping tablespoons) onto prepared sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, until set and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on pan 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.