Cute Dessert Idea For Kids

by on September 28, 2005 · 12 comments

This cute little mouse idea was in a Taste of Home Halloween magazine, and I thought I’d try it out. I was in a rush and threw it together, but you could make yours a bit neater.

I think I pushed the M&Ms too far in and the mouse’s eyes are sunken. He also doesn’t have any pupils, but who needs those anyway?

The whiskers were supposed to be licorice strings, but H.E.B. didn’t have any so I had to use Fiber One Cereal.¬†Fuzz didn’t care. She said it was the best mouse dessert she’d ever had.

Published on September 28, 2005

Joe September 28, 2005 at 10:26 pm

I saw that magazine in the store – this is too cute!s

Jeff September 28, 2005 at 10:27 pm

Haha – that is sooo cute! I love it! Lucky Emma!!!!

Anna September 29, 2005 at 7:51 am

The magazine has a lot of cute ideas. I was a little surprised that it cost $6.00, but it was worth it, as there are plenty of other cute ideas. You’ll want to throw a big Halloween party!

Anna September 29, 2005 at 8:37 am

Val, it’s a little pre-packaged tart shell. I’m going to save the tiny foil tin and refill it with better crust for next time. The head is ice cream and the ears are chocolate wafers. Taste of Home used what appeared to be chocolate covered Keebler peanut butter or mint cookies for the ears. I think Oreos would even work.

val September 29, 2005 at 8:24 am

but, what is it made of? the head, I mean. and are those homemade chocolate cookies for ears?it is really cute!

val September 29, 2005 at 8:26 am

well, I guess it must be ice cream. sorry if it was a dumb question!

Anna September 29, 2005 at 1:08 pm

Amy, I don’t recall making any other mouse desserts. I’ll have to have a discussion with Emma.

doggerham September 29, 2005 at 12:50 pm

Emma said it was the best mouse dessert shed ever had? What other mouse desserts have you been making? Are there secrest ingredients to your cookies we don’t knoe about? ;)Amy

Todd September 29, 2005 at 4:59 pm

She did have one other mouse dessert. At Disney World in 2004, when we ate dinner at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Hotel. I think there’s a picture somewhere.

Anna September 29, 2005 at 8:25 pm

Sarah Lou, that’s wild! I wonder why they’re becoming extinct. Are you trying to start a crazy rumor? ;).Taste of Home also recommended using Chocolate Twigs as whisker. Where the heck to you find a chocolate twig?

Sarah Lou September 29, 2005 at 8:10 pm

FYI. I have heard licorice shoestrings are becoming extinct. I can’t confrim if this is a rumour but I ran into a similiar problem during a search this summer.

Alysha September 29, 2005 at 8:23 pm

Cute dessert!I’m tagging you for the 23/5 meme. You can check out the The Savory Notebook for the details on what to do next.