Mix it up With Betty!

The results are in. Click here to see the winners in the Mix it up With Betty! cookie recipe contest.

This contest was super fun. The object was to come up with new ideas or creative twists on old ideas using a little red pouch of Betty Crocker Cookie Mix. I submitted a bunch of recipes and this one was chosen as a finalist.

The grand prize went Susan Riley, who happens to be a friend of mine. We met during the last Southern Living Cook-Off. Susan is one of the few people in the world with whom I can engage in a 30 minute discussion on chocolate-cookie based shortbread crusts and not get the feeling that in her mind she’s hearing the Meow Mix song and waiting for a subject change.

Meow, meow, meow, meow/meow, meow, meow, meow/ meow, meow, meow, meow, MEOW, meow, meow, meow.

Comments

Those sound really great. I could definately see having one with coffee in the morning- breakfast cookies rock.

2. Anna says

Ali and s’Kat, thanks. Let me know if you try them. You could also use sour cherries.Chloe, http://www.recipecontests.com is one stop shopping for all your finding-out-about-contest needs. It’s a great resource. A subscription is required for the key lists, but it pays itself off after your first win. There’s also a little ticker that goes by with all the latest contest news

WOW! You rock… how do you find out about these contests? You should start posting them on your blog so we can all know! :)Great job… I am drooling!

4. Kristin W says

Anna, do you accept unsolicited cookie recipes? This year at Christmas I made the chocolate cookie to end al chocolate cookies. I am not kidding. It’s the best cookie I have ever put in my mouth. You want?Kristin, a fan from Nashville

5. carole says

Not only does a win pay for the nominal yearly fee, $25.00, but you don’t even half to win to recoop your subscription fee. (Don’t worry, theve been here for 9 years. So, they are not going anywhere). Sometimes the sponsor of a contest will send a token (coupon, recipe booklet, etc.). Over the course of a year these little tokens offset the subscription fee.

Meow, meow, meow, meow.Meow, meow, meow, meow.Meow, meow, meow, meow. MEOW, meow, meow, meow.It’s what cats ask for by name.Meow.

7. emily says

How do you find out about so many contest?I never hear about them until they are over!Congrats!

8. Anna says

Helene, thanks so much for trying the bars!! I really appreciate it. Hopefully, they turned out well. I should have some new recipes up on the blog soon. We’ve had a slightly busy weekend.

9. Anna says

How exciting, Helene. Your first bar cookie. I have a small tear in my eye right now ;).Can’t wait to see how yours look.

Susan’s recipe is great but with spring here and good weather around I am definitely bringing your bars to sunday dinner tomorrow! The recipe looks great. I might make the Aloha bars too, probably for Easter.Thanks again!

Your recipe is made and will be on the table with other goodies for tomorrow’s dinner a the in-laws! I think I’ll make the Aloha Bars for Easter Brunch…I can’t wait, they smell really good.Thanks again!

Anna: that was weird…I post or so I thought, went to make the bars, I have no life on a saturday night and then came to post my results and both posts posted a the same time…may be there is too much chocolate on my keyboard, or on my fingers…anyway… I’ll post pics on my blogg and a link to your recipe if you allow me sometime next week.Believe it or not, this is my first cookie bar recipe.