Snicker Cookies

Thanks to Taneka, who sent me an interesting recipe using Halloween candy, I’ve managed to pull myself out of the post-Halloween funk.

Taneka first encountered these cookies on a dessert tray, passed around at a wine dinner. The chef was nice enough to give her the recipe, and I am glad he did because these cookies are really fun to make. The dough is easy to work with, has a nice flavor, and makes the perfect wrapper for miniature Snickers or whatever other chocolate candy you have around. If your other candies are too big, cut them in half. Do you like my cutting board? I won it from John Morrell, the company that makes those big fat ham steaks. This is the second cutting board I’ve won this month. The other one was from Paul Newman. It was the floppy type, but I’m getting off topic…

chocolateoncuttingboard.jpg

….so moving on. Here is the cookie as it appears out of the oven.

cookieforbloguniced.jpg

And here it is being iced with more Halloween candy! I put a few miniature Hershey bars in a zipper bag, melted them (squishing the bag every 30 seconds) then squeezed chocolate out of the bag. If squeezing chocolate out of a zipper bag doesn’t cheer you up, nothing will.

snickercookiesbeingiced.jpg

Pretty, no?

snickercookiesontray.jpg

Can you tell I am having a slow day? After yesterday, I am loving this.

Here is a cross section. I did the cross section of a cookie filled with the Snickers (as opposed to FAST BREAK or REESE’S, because that is what the original recipe called for and I imagine Taneka’s cookie looked something like this. At least I hope so.

snickercookiecut.jpg

Snicker Cookies

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp. milk
24 miniature snickers

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat in honey and milk until well combined. Mold roughly 1 tablespoon of dough around candy. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, Bake 12 – 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Makes 24

Comments

1. Anna says

I can’t decide whether I should keep this cookie in the Peanut Butter category or make a category for cookies made with candy bars.

2. Pam says

First off, I just LOVE your blog!!!

Thank you for posting this, here I was sending candy with hubby to work, when I can make these now!!

I’ll definietly have to try the Butterfinger pie too!!

3. T. Martin (Taneka) says

Glad you like the recipe and yes, your pic is exactly how the cookie looked (w/o the glaze but that is a nice touch!). Love your blog thought I’m not a cookie person but something about that gooey center inside the cookie really got me.

4. Katie says

I have a lot – a lot – of Three Musketeers. Do you think that they’d be okay inside these cookies?
    And I, too, love your site, Anna. I bought myself a Silpat after your recommendation a few months back and my life will never be the same.

Those look incredibly dangerous! But so good with a glass of milk. Yum. (Actually, I like orange juice with my Snickers. Ha.)

6. Anna says

Katie, I had some extra dough so I did an experiment. I wrapped some dough around a Three Musketeers and (just for fun) a Baby Ruth. The Three Musketeers just kind of dried up in the cookie. It held its shape, but tasted like a sugary mass of yuck. But I have to say, the Baby Ruth was surprisingly good. It melted into a creamy, peanutty mass with a good texture. Maybe the Three Musketeers just doesn’t have enough fat. I’m sure there are other things you can do with Three Musketeers. I’m thinking a cream pie.

Abby, orange goes well with chocolate, so I think the orange juice and chocolate bar combination is probably good.

Hi Heather, I’m glad you like my JOHN MORRELL cutting board.

Sandra, what’s so funny? Don’t you sometimes spend your day wrapping candy bars in dough and dissecting them? Sheesh.

7. Laura says

Those cookies remind me a lot of a cookie that I make pretty often. It’s chocolate chip cookie dough wrapped around a Snickers. I never even considered using another candy bar. Hmmmm…..

Mmmm, I don’t get any kids to my house for Halloween so I don’t have an abundance of leftover chocolate, but maybe I should go pick up some clearance stuff now to make these.

Wow, does Fuzz actually let you at her candy!? My kids eat veyr little of it, but it is definitely a hands off Mom & Dad bowl of candy.

I got the new Eating Well today, btw. ;-) Your cookies look amazing! I can’t wait to try them.

10. Anna says

Hi Pam,

Sending candy to work is always good option. I think I’m going to to do that with Laffy Taffy. There must have been some super Laffy Taffy sale around here because some other moms in the school yard commented today, not happily, on how much Laffy Taffy there was.

Laura, I think I would love your chocolate chip dough version. It must be similar to the dough I use for the chocolate truffle stuffed chocolate chip cookies.

Brilynn, I wish I could send you some of our candy. Really.

Erika, Fuzz lords over the candy, but she shares it. She likes chocolate, but prefers the kiddie stuff like Sweet Tarts. I’m enjoying this while I can. Also, thanks for noticing the EW cookies. They are very, very easy to make. Roxanne won the Kitchen Aid. She’s an amazing cook. I didn’t recognize any of the other winners, but the cookies I am dying to try are the almond chocolate raspberry thumbprints.

11. Nicole says

Anna, fellow Texan here…found you after they re-aired the Food Network show and have been reading your blog ever since. My DS 5 and I made the snickers cookies today and my DH said they were the best he ever tasted. I purchased those bamboo steam baskets from Target today. (in the Dollar spot right now on sale for 75% off, which is .63 cents each). These cookies look cute in them to give to neighbors.
    Have a great weekend!

Just browsing around some more… I had these cookies just last week at a friend’s house! They looked exactly the same and had Snickers in the middle and they even had the chocolate drizzled on top like that and they were oh-so-good. I didn’t want to pig out on them, you know, at her house, but I could’ve easily eaten 6 or 10 of them! I wanted the recipe, but someone else had made them for her and I didn’t feel like hunting it down. Now, I’m so elated to have the recipe!!!!!

13. Elizabeth says

I dont have time to mix all the ingredient would it be the same if i use regular cookie dough?

Hi Elizabeth,

I think it would work. The cookies might spread a little bit more, but I think they would still be good.

15. Ashley says

These were AWESOME! I used some regular Hershey’s kisses and some kisses filled with peanut butter to do the chocolate on top. The dough is really great and perfect for molding around the Snickers. Thanks so much!

16. Connie says

I dont usually comment on recipes I find, even if they are good recipes…but I gotta tell you: These are the best cookies I have ever tasted!!!!!….I’ve made them three times now. They are incredibly DELICIOUS! Everyone loves them…you wont regret making them! or maybe you might cuz of the calories! LOL

Hi Connie,

Thanks for taking the time to comment :). I really appreciate it and am happy you found a recipe you like.