Bailey’s Fudge

This one is pretty good. The Irish Cream flavor is fairly strong, which in my opinion is a good thing. Also, I used salted butter. If you use unsalted butter, you may want to add a tiny pinch of salt just to keep the flavor balanced. I couldn’t tell you how much or if it is actually necessary, but there’s a chance it might taste a little flat with unsalted butter and no added salt.

Bailey's Fudge.jpg

Bailey’s Fudge

Base:
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream

Topping:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup white chips
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream

Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment or foil. If using foil, grease the foil with butter

Make the base first. In the microwave, melt the 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter. I do this by microwaving on high and stopping to stir every 30 seconds.

Stir the confectioner’s sugar and Irish cream into the melted chocolate. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and lay a sheet of plastic wrap over top; press and smooth top down.

In the microwave melt remaining semi-sweet and white chocolates. Stir in the softened butter and Irish cream; stir until smooth, then spread over base. Place in refrigerator for a few hours to chill. When firm, grasp parchment or foil and lift from pan. Score into squares. If using foil, make sure you get all the foil off.

Comments

1. Tracy S says

That fudge looks wonderful. I’m with you — I rarely use a double boiler.

If you want another “boozy” fudge recipe, I have a good one for Kahlua fudge. If you’d like the recipe, just email me.

2. Janet says

Looks delicious! Would Tracy be willing to share her Kahlua fudge recipe with someone else? I make a Kahlua cake and give to my neighbors…it’s their favorite cake! I’d like to change it up this year and try something different…like the fudge! Thanks if you would share it!

this is very interesting that it has LAYERS… it looks lovely. coincidentally, i was just going thru old recipes (trying to get rid of stuff i know i’ll never make – bye-bye to the “Beverly Hills Hotel dutch apple pancake”) and found a recipe for fudge by See’s, my favorite chocolatier. it has marshmallows and evap milk.
    meanwhile, bailey’s really needs to put you on retainer! hee

4. Therese says

I say bring on MORE booze!
    A little for the fudge and bless the cook a little for her!!

Thanks for bringing FUN bake to baking! These look absolute divine!!

You are the best! I was looking to try a different fudge recipe. Mine is awesome, but I have made it so many times I am kind of tired of making it. I will be trying this one this afternoon!

6. Jami says

Do you think that you could replace the Bailey’s with anything else…?? Or do you think it would taste weird without it…? I’ve never made anything with Bailey’s before so I suppose I am a little timid to try it! haha

7. Anna says

Hi Jami,

I have to admit, I am tempted to try this recipe with one of the many fancy liquid coffee creamers. For instance, Coffee Mate currently has some interesting flavors out — egg nog, vanilla-chai, peppermint and gingerbread. You might try subbing one of those. Or try it with hazelnut liquid creamer. I don’t see why that would not work. Just don’t use the “Fat Free” because you need the extra fat for the proper fudge texture.

I made this both with the Bailey’s (for myself and my husband) and with coffee creamer (mint truffle fudge for the kids). Both were really good, although I much prefer the Bailey’s.

Hi Kristine,

Here is is! I’m going to shoot it to you via email as well.

Kahlua Fudge

1 1/3 cup sugar
    1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
    2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 oz can)
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup Kahlua
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
    1 cup milk chocolate pieces
    2/3 cup chopped nuts
    1 tsp vanilla

Line 8″ square baking pan with foil. In 2 qt. saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, milk, butter, Kahlua and salt. Bring to rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add all chocolate. Stir until melted. Add nuts and vanilla. Turn into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. To serve, cut into squares. Makes about 2 3/4 lbs.

10. Martina says

Hiya!

Thanks for a great fudge recepie!Not being from america its not always easy to make some of the american recepies since we dot have all the ingredients here. So this is actually the first one that doesnt have any marshmallow creme or milk in cans (whats that all about anyways?). But i was wondering if you know or tried this recepie with something else than baileys (something other with alcohol in it)?

Take care!

Martina

Hi Martina,

I have only made this particular recipe with Bailey’s, but I think you could substitute half & half for the Bailey’s. Since Bailey’s is sweet, you would need to increase the sugar a bit. My suggestion is to use 1 3/4 cups confectioners’s sugar and 1/2 cup half & half.

I used to have a recipe for old fashioned fudge. It was a good one and it didn’t require anything unusual — just sugar, cocoa, butter and vanilla. I’ll see if I can find it.