More On Sticker Scratcherz

by on March 21, 2007 · 7 comments

I have a cookie recipe today, but while I’m thinking about it, I wanted to post a plug for a fun toy we discovered at Harrod’s. I have not seen this at Target, Toys R Us, or any of the usual American toy places. Hopefully, it will be available soon.

Sticker Scratcherz is a kit of thick, badge-type stickers which your child can decorate herself simply by rubbing various colors of special holographic paper on different areas of the design. Believe it or not, it’s as simple as it looks on the video. I haven’t tried this out on a boy yet, but Fuzz loves these things. We’re having some of her little girlfriends over today and I am anxious to see what they think.

Published on March 21, 2007

KelliRR March 21, 2007 at 1:02 pm

Okay, I admit it, I’m a sucker for arts and craft things for kids so I just ordered 2 sets of these. They look so cool! And since you verified that they really work I was hooked. Once you order one set for $19.95 you can get a second for $14.95 which I just couldn’t pass up. With summer just around the corner these will be put to great use! Thanks for the tip.

Anna March 21, 2007 at 1:17 pm

At Harrods, the kit was 12 pounds, which is about 20 dollars. Sounds like the buy one at full price get a second one for $14.00 is a good deal. I think you will really like these. I’m not sure I would have bought them had I not been given the chance to try them in the store, but they are really fun.

KelliRR May 1, 2007 at 2:28 pm

These arrived by mail quite awhile ago but I put them away so that I could bring them out when my girls had one of those “there’s nothing to do days” Well, I finally took them out on Sunday and let the girls have at them and Wow! am I on the popular Mom list now! My daughters absolutely loved them. They did not leave the table for over 2 hours and then they took them out again last night. My 11 year old even asked if they could make them at her upcoming birthday party. They really are great for all ages as my girls are 8 and 11 and I know your daughter is even younger. Thanks so much for the tip. It really is a fun craft.

Anna May 1, 2007 at 3:04 pm

Hooray!

Kelli, I am glad you found a toy they liked.

Clair September 23, 2007 at 5:46 pm

Hi, I bought the Sticker Scratcherz kit to my daughters and they absolutely love it! the only issue with the kit is that the holographic foils runs out before they could use all stickers.

I found an online shop (smartoys.co.uk) that sells the original Sticker Scratchers Foils, in-fact, that site is the only place on the net that sells the foils separately.

Here is the link:

I got a couple of the foils and my girls cant stop using them.

Clair.

Anna September 23, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Clair, thanks so much for that link! It’s true. Stick Scratcherz kits come with more stickers than foils. This link will prove very useful.

Clair April 30, 2008 at 9:54 am

Hi Anna, me again… hehe..

Just thought you would like to know that I have came across this amazing site which have a very unique Handmade Hair Combs. These handmade Hair Combs are made of two metal hair combs, joined with elasticity beads, for a very strong hold. They are practical, low cost and most important – they are CHIC!

The site address is: http://www.chicmark.com

I bought two for a friends birthday and she LOVES it!!

Thanks