Red Velvet Dump Cake

My morning is not going well.

I tried to make a red velvet bundt cake with a cheesecake tunnel. The cake seemed okay when I took it out of the oven, but didn’t budge when I tried to flip it out of the pan. I realized I’d forgotten to spray the pan with cooking spray, so I loosened the edges with a knife and flipped the pan again. Half the cake came out and the half with the tunnel, which looked like steamy scrambled egg whites, stuck to the pan. It didn’t taste very good anyway, so I threw it in the trash. I carried the trash bag to the garage and as I lifted it into our big dumpster, the bag came open and red velvet cake spilled all over me and Fuzz’s bike.

It’s days like this when I start considering new hobbies.

Comments

1. carole says

I have been having the same type of day. In fact, it is two days.

I drop everything I touch. Lots of extra time needed for baking some cookies.

oh my god this is so hilarious. you made me burst right out laughing. not that i’m enjoying your misfortune. no way.

3. annie says

i’m so glad that i’m not the only one that things like this happen to!!! my most embarassing was when i made confetti box cake in a bundt pan and it split in two in similar fashion … thank goodness for trifle!

4. carole says

Of course you will bake again.

When you fall off a bike, which we all have, you get back on and try again.

5. Debbi says

My kids would love it if I dumped cake on their bikes.

I’m looking at your oatmeal cookie recipes debating which to make this afternoon. I’m thinking about using wheat flour and 1/2 splenda in one of your recipes. Craisins too, I don’t have raisins. I just hope it works and will hopefully resemble something edible.

Oh my.

I had a run of problems with bundt cakes and haven’t made one since, so I can sympathize.

Thanks for the chuckle at your expense. ;)

I understand…I get totally frustrated when things don’t turn out how I want them to, even if they are edible I’m disappointed. I think we’re harder on ourselves than other people are, though. Don’t worry, you’ll come through with something fantastic, I’m sure!