Kathy’s Chunky Chocolate Gobs

A double chocolate cookie packed with cookies and candy.

Chocolate Gobs

Kathy’s Chunky Chocolate Gobs (adapted from Southern Living)

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (173 g)
1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening (60 g)
1 cup sugar (196 g)
2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (130 g)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract (10 ml)
2 cups AP flour (253 grams)
2/3 cup unsweeted cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda (5 ml)
1/4 tsp. salt (1.25 ml)
16 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken up
3 Mounds or other chocolate covered coconut bar, chilled and chopped (147 g)
1 to 2 cups semisweet morsels

Cream butter, shortening and both sugars; Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.

Thoroughly combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. By hand, or using lowest speed of mixer, stir flour mixture into butter mixture. When flour mixture is absorbed, stir in cookie chunks, candy bars, and desired amount of chocolate morsels. Chill dough 30 minutes.

Preheat oven at 350 degrees (180 C). Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.

Makes 2 1/2 dozen

Comments

1. Kelly says

How big did you make the chunks of almond joy? Or, how many pieces did each yield? Also, may I recommend Clean and Clear Invisible blemish treatment? If you put it on at night before you go to bed, you will definetely notice a difference in the morning. It’s a little tube in the facewash section. Have fun at the concert!

2. Debbi says

What could possibly be wrong with eating a cookie made out of cookies and candy. Yum. The other Oreo cookies that you posted are one of our favorites.

I loved Duran Duran. Ah, the memories…

Kelly, thanks for the suggestion. I like C&C too. But this is worse. I’m going to the dermatologist tomorrow.

About the candy, I cut it into 1/4 inch chunks. You can cut it whatever size you want, I suppose.

Debbie, If they allow cameras, I’ll try to get a picture for you.

4. Sue says

There must be something in the air, (even all the way up here in MN), because I’m having a perfectly rotten day myself. I think it’s time to make some cookies or go to the gym. Hmmmm? Now, what kind of a choice is that!?

5. Papersitter says

You are so lucky to be seeing Duran Duran tonight! I hope you enjoy them as much as I’ve enjoyed your site!

I’m so glad you tried these! I wanted to call them “PMS Cookies” because they take care of everything! I think I need to make them again because I’m having a crappy day too.

Hope the concert rawked! “Rio” was the very first album (remember those?) that I ev-ar owned. Ahhh, the memories.