Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Muffins

by on January 24, 2008 · 13 comments

Sorry it took me so long to post this, but here’s a picture of one of the oat muffins.

Oats

Recipe is located on previous post.

I made a few changes, so if you copied the recipe earlier in the day, copy it again. My version makes only 5 muffins, so if you want 10 you’ll have to double it. As good as these are, I’m glad I only made 5 because now that Fuzz is enjoying muffins I’ll probably want to try some different recipes.

But overall, these are awesome! They were easy to make, moist, and not entirely unhealthy. The cinnamon chips are delicious, but if you can’t find them you can substitute miniature chocolate chips. In fact, the original muffin recipe used chocolate chips.

Published on January 24, 2008

Michelle January 24, 2008 at 8:16 pm

Wow! Those look amazing!

Anna January 24, 2008 at 8:20 pm

These were really good, Michelle. They had a nice round top, dense sides, crispy edges and soft & oaty centers.

Sarah January 24, 2008 at 8:32 pm

I’ve visited this site a few times but I’ve never written…all your recipes look very yummy!
How in the world do you make so many recipes in such a short time?

This recipe looks like a great combo of tastes!

Anna January 24, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Hi Sarah,

I do cook pretty quickly. It’s probably because I do it so often and keep my ingredients and gear pretty organized.

Emiline January 25, 2008 at 1:09 am

What a crystal-clear beautiful photo.

I will have to remember this recipe, because I do have access to cinnamon chips year-round. We even have cherry chips.

Anna January 25, 2008 at 7:29 am

I want to try making these with 1 banana and zero cinnamon chips. I think it would work……or maybe use 1 banana and a few chocolate chips and make 6 muffins.

Amanda January 25, 2008 at 9:05 am

Hey Anna, wow those look amazing- not to mention a great source of whole grains! ;) I love your blog, especially your your warm, light-hearted approach to baking. It makes it a lot less scary for a beginner like me. I’ve noticed you do a lot of small batches and was wondering if you had a good recipe for a small-batch chocolate cake? I’d like to make one for my bf for V-day and we certainly don’t need a full-size for the two of us. Thanks again for the great blog!

Anna January 25, 2008 at 9:19 am

Hi Amanda,

I’ll look around and see what I can find. Since you like small batches, you might want to check out the book “Small Batch Baking” on Amazon. The book has a few recipes for extremely small chocolate layer cakes which you make in hollowed out soup or bean cans. It’s very clever.

Most of my small cakes are just 8 inch layers (half a cake recipe), but I’ll see if I can find something more unique. A loaf pan is always an option, but a loaf shaped chocolate cake isn’t very romantic.

I’ll see what I can find.

Anj January 25, 2008 at 10:18 am

Beautiful muffin. I love how you break down recipes to smaller batches. Living on my own that helps as I certainly do not need stuff around and I don’t have a huge audience to foist the food upon. I’ll have to check out that Small Batch Baking book for sure.

Katie January 26, 2008 at 1:38 am

Ohh they looks amazing! I want one!

Alison February 2, 2008 at 4:10 am

Hi Anna,
Just discovered your blog and made these muffins -
they are wonderful! Cinnamon chips not available
in Ireland, but they sound delicious. (Chocolate
chips not really available in Ireland, it is only
possible to buy tiny,expensive bags of bad quality
chocolate – I cut up bars of 70% chocolate to
make chips) Think I’ll try some of your cookies now – the children can pick what they want. Have a good weekend baking!

Anna February 2, 2008 at 8:23 am

Hello Alison,

Thanks for the review! I’m not sure how long they’d take to get to Ireland, but you can order the cinnamon chips from Amazon or Prepare Pantry. I think King Arthur Flour sells them too.

Good luck with the cookies! I’ve included metric measurements in some of the later recipes.

Alison February 2, 2008 at 10:28 am

Just made the double crunch chocolate sandwich cookies – amazing! Had to leave out the pecans
and the coconut due to very fussy children, but
they were still delicious.
Will try something else tomorrow….