Clabber Girl

by on March 25, 2008 · 7 comments

Here’s a website that might have flown under your radar. My friend Val introduced it to me a few years ago and I check it often.

Clabber Girl Baking Powder

At this point you’re either thinking “Thanks, Captain of the Obvious” or “Wow, why didn’t I notice this earlier?” which is what I was thinking when Val gave me the link. Along with recipes for cakes, pies and cookies, Clabber Girl also has a few other good collections

Kosher recipes from Marcy Goldman

There’s a No Sugar collection

A parade of interesting muffins

And finally, a long list of frosting recipes……because everyone knows the secret of good frosting is baking powder.

(Okay, so it’s not. But Clabber Girl was nice to compile the list)

I think I might make Congo Bars today. I’ve never had Congo Bars.

Published on March 25, 2008

stacie March 25, 2008 at 8:50 am

Thanks for the new website! Can’t get enough of them!

Sue March 25, 2008 at 9:17 am

I’ve made the Congo Bar recipe from one of the Williams Sonoma recipe books and they are always a hit. I’ll bet you’re going to like these!

Amy March 25, 2008 at 10:34 am

Interesting that some of the recipes use Clabber Girl, some use Rumford.

Anna March 25, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Stacie, I agree. Oh, and we love “Eclair Cake” too. It’s so unexpectedly delicious.

Sue, thanks again for sending me the Williams Sonoma recipe. I’ll give it a try as well.

Amy, I’m glad to hear that because all I had on hand was (shhhhhhhhhhh) Rumford. Don’t tell Clabbergirl!!!!!

Joe March 25, 2008 at 1:24 pm

They make both products :-)

Anna March 25, 2008 at 1:27 pm

No way! ;)

Michelle W. in Calif. March 25, 2008 at 4:17 pm

A friend sent me the Clabber Girl choc. chip cookie recipe during my whole Levain experimentation, and I don’t know if it was just my baking—-but they were terrible! (it’s the recipe on their website) Even my daughter, when I gave her one, took one bite, handed it back and said “No thank you…” !!! Maybe I should have made them in a pan cookie rather than drop….I don’t know. Just a word of caution!!!