Desserts Made With Coke

I’m feeling kind of tapped out in the cookie department today. I want to try a new recipe for Passover Chocolate Chip Cookies made with matzoh meal and potato starch, but I don’t have any of those ingredients on hand and don’t feel like spending the $$$.

In the meantime, if anyone has any interesting dessert cookie recipes involving Coke, let me know. I’m trying to use some up and don’t want to have to make the usual, overly-sweet, Cola Cake. If I can’t find a recipe I’m going to have to just buy a pack of Mento’s and let the kids make a fountain.

Comments

1. Angie says

Did anyone watch the Recipe showdown cookie show on Food Network last evening? Camilla won for her spice cookies ( which I am baking as we speak) and her Oxaca Fudge bars did well too.( I wil bake those tomorrow) Both her and Bob ( from Radical Bob’ chocolate chip cookie) were the finalists. I almost howled with laughter when the 1 tasting judge said ” I think they are a little too sweet” about Bob’s chocolate chp cookie…hey, we all thought so too! I thought my cookie came out nicer and thicker than his did on the show. I’ll let you know how the spice cookies come out…I actually had rose water for the recipe in my pantry ( I cant remeber what recipe I bought it for but I still had it and it still smeleed good) Anna, sorry I have no coca cola recipes,I have never made the cake, it seemed too sweet for me. I love baking and cookies but I dont like when things are achingly sweet, go figure!

Thanks! I think I saw that one.

I have found quite a few decent sounding non-sweets, but I’m hoping to find a cookie or brownie. But thanks anyway. I think what I’m looking for doesn’t exist.

Hi Angie,

Yes, I watched it. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, Rob seemed like a nice guy and I’m glad he did well. I didn’t like how sweet the cookies were, but that was just my opinion and my cookies must have *somehow* differed from Rob’s. Someday I will figure it out. Then again, I am sure people are still trying to figure out how I won a contest with waffle sticks. It goes to show you never can tell ;).

I wasn’t very surprised that Camilla won.

Laura, thanks! Apple dumplings are good, but hard to share. I need something I can cut up and give away. I’ll probably end up buying Mentos.

Chris, thanks! Some of those links are interesting. The Date Loaf sounds a bit different, but I’d have to go buy dates.

Given the fact that I have mini marshmallows on hand, I should probably just go with the brownies. One reviewer said they tasted much better on Day 2, so I could make them today and hold off on reviewing until tomorrow. That will be difficult, but I think I can do it.

6. Sue says

My vote would be to buy the Mentos. That’s so much fun to do, and healthier than consuming the Coke!

7. Kristin W says

The spice cookies are TO DIE FOR. Very spicy, which is the way I like ‘em. I will definitely add them to the permanent repertoire. Camilla seemed like a sweetheart, too.

I also made the chocolate chunk cookies with grappa-soaked raisins. I wasn’t particularly blown away — for what you get, you wind up pouring a whole lot of grappa down the drain. But people at work seemed to love them, so what do I know?

Sue, now that I recall, I think Todd’s right. The trick only works with Diet Coke. I completely forgot.

Jen, I’m trying not to drink today. Maybe that’s why I’m in a bad mood ;).

Kristin, the grappa soaked raisin lady seemed really nice. I liked her, but I don’t like the raisin chocolate combo very much. If she’d used cherries, I would have made the cookies already no matter what the judges said!
    I was really hoping Amber would win this category. Something must have been wrong when she made the cookies because the judges just didn’t seem crazy about them and commented that there weren’t enough chocolate chunks.

9. Adella says

Here’s a suggestion: instead of using regular USA-style Coke, try Mexican Coca-Cola which is still made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It is much more flavorful and has additional caffeine.

You can buy it in grocery stores that specialize in Mexican imports.

This is the same recipe that Coke used before they switched over to using corn syrup a few decades back.

Adella, thanks for the tip.

I ended up making the brownies and will post a picture in a few hours. They need time to set.

I’m not much of a regular coke drinker but I do love Diet Coke. My favorite is the new Coke Zero which tastes like old coke (in my opinion).

Anna – check my blog for a recent post: rocky road squares. they don’t sound special, but they are. You’ll need a devils food cake mix, 2 blocks of cream cheese, 1 cup of coke, 1 cup of toasted pecans, 10.5 oz. mini marshmallows, and a cup of chocolate chips; you should have everything else. the recipe comes from vikingrange.com and it’s hands down the best for rocky road squares.
    And Camilla rocked on Food Network!

Amanda, thanks for the link. Now that is one interesting recipe. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Randi, Food & Wine has a Matzoh candy I’ve been wanting to try — not sure if it’s Marcy’s. I think it’s like cracker candy but with matzoh instead.

Judy, I am going to copy that cake recipe down because it sounds like something our family would love. Incidentally, the Viking ads are my favorite. I love looking at those fabulous kitchens.