Here’s a Check…

by on March 31, 2008 · 6 comments

Now go out and buy yourself something pretty…

Alaska Purchase Check

…like Alaska.

Happy Seward’s Day, North Americans!

I’ll get back to you when I think of an appropriate cookie for this holiday, though I suspect it’s going to be oatmeal raisin because that’s what I’m craving today.

P.S. Image is from Wikipedia

Published on March 31, 2008

Catherine March 31, 2008 at 8:45 am

That’s funny!
I love Alaska and would live there if my husband wouldn’t whine about the cold.
Consider a cookie that’s some take-off on a baked Alaska! THAT would be quite the challenge, wouldn’t it? Although I love oatmeal raisin!

Anna March 31, 2008 at 8:50 am

Hi Catherine,

I’ve never been to Alaska but I know a few people who have. There’s an Alaskan cruise that is supposed to be breathtakingly gorgeous.

I need to see something breathtakingly gorgeous today because I have dry eyes, it’s raining and it really feels like a Monday so far.

Great idea on the Baked Alaska! Maybe I’ll make Todd a baked alaska for dessert.

Therese March 31, 2008 at 9:12 am

Hey!

I am just testing to see if this goes through. Our computer is on the mend. We are awaiting a new “motherboard”….sheesh. Doesn’t it make you wonder where they come up with all these funky computer tears????

Oatmeal cookies sound GREAT! I will await for the recipe. It is rainy..rainy…yucky here today. I am on my second pot of coffee!!

Therese March 31, 2008 at 9:16 am

Hey!

It worked….I meant…TERMS..NOT TEARS.

P.S. I am catching up on all your recipes…without a computer for a week. ARRGGHH.

I totally think you should enter that cooking showdown on the food network!!!! LOVE that show! But first write a cookbook!!!!! It would save me A LOT of time as I am always passing your recipes to family and friends!!

mariah March 31, 2008 at 10:29 am

Try this recipe

I made them last week and they are AMAZING. I used only semi sweet chips, and added about 2 tbsp of milk when the dough was super crumbly. Oh yes, I also used one cup each of
whole wheat
whole white wheat
organic all purpose
flours instead of what was called for.

My daughter who “doesn’t like cranberries” LOVES these cookies.

Anna March 31, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Mariah, thanks for the recommendation. I love cranberries and white chocolate.