One Bowl Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Cookies

Here’s today’s easy recipe. Yes, it’s another easy peanut butter cookie, but it’s a one-bowl recipe. Woo Hoo! And look Ma! No mixer! *Plus* don’t you have Easter candy to use up? A chocolate bunny you’re tired of looking at….or miniature bunnies? Chop them up and put them in cookies. Or, if you don’t have Easter candy around, use peanut butter cups.

peanut butter cups cookies

One Bowl Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Cookies

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour (95 grams)
15 miniature peanut butter cups, frozen and chopped or 3-4 oz milk chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and both sugars. You can use an electric mixer, but I used a spoon. Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Beat vigorously and thoroughly to distribute baking soda and salt, scraping sides as you go, then add the egg and beat just until it is mixed in. Add the flour and stir, do not beat, until it is absorbed, then mix in the cups.

Using a small cookie scoop (2 tsp) or a rounded teaspoon, drop dough onto two ungreased cookie sheets, 10-12 cookies to a sheet. Flatten tops slightly. Bake on center rack, one sheet at a time for 12 minutes or until cookies appear set.

Makes 20-24 cookies

Comments

1. Sarah says

These look wonderful and I wanted to make a quick batch this afternoon but didn’t see a baking temp…350? 375?

2. Jane says

Can’t wait to try these. In my experience, any peanut butter cookie recipe that calls for more peanut butter than butter is a winner!

By the way…are there really people out there who still have Easter candy left??!

3. Carrie says

Ohhhh Anna,
    You have done it again. These look wayyyy to good! I am so making these. Little D would love em!

Carrie

4. Janet says

Hello! My comment is about your wonderful BEST OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT COOKIES. They are…the BEST! I took the cookies to all my neighbors. I got stopped by everyone of them to tell me about how they had one, then another, and kept eating those cookies until they were gone. Many thanks again, Anna, for a reallly good recipe!!!

5. Kristin W says

Chopping up the bunnies? Thaat seems vaguely cruel and unusual. Although I will confess that I have been known to roast Peeps over an open fire….

So I totally made these already (and blogged about them!) and they’re very good! And I made them by chopping up a defenseless chocolate bunny…he was delicious.

7. Shari says

I made these this afternoon. I chopped up a plain chocolate bar since I didn’t have any other type of chocolate in the house. These were great. I liked being able to make a small batch of cookies in a short amount of time iwth simple ingredients. My family loved them! Thanks for sharing!