Roman Style Chicken

by on April 5, 2008 · 10 comments

here’s a link to a great chicken recipe I tried last night. It’s from Giada De Laurentis, of course. I’ve never met a Giada recipe I didn’t like. The only change I made was to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and the simmer time is 10 minutes instead of 20-30.

Roman Style Chicken

Published on April 5, 2008

Carol A, April 5, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Hey Anna, both links go to the Almondina page. I want to see which Giada recipe; I love her stuff, too. I have made her Chicken Stew many times and wonder if it’s the same one you are are referencing. If so, cool! and if not, I want to try yours.
Thanks!

Julia April 5, 2008 at 1:54 pm

This recipe is marvelous! I’ve made it before and not only is it easy, but it’s really good. My two year old really likes the tomato/pepper combo (believe it or not).

Carol A, April 5, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Well, duh, I posted then saw your title – Roman Style Chicken. So it’s not the same as the stew, and I put it in the search at Food Network and found it. My mind is a little slow today…

Anna April 5, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Carol, thanks! I fixed the link. It’s not the same as her chicken stew, but it’s very similar to her chicken cacciatore.

Michelle W. in Calif. April 5, 2008 at 4:06 pm

I love Giada food, I have all her cookbooks….she had her baby girl, you know!

Claire April 5, 2008 at 5:08 pm

This looks so good! I’m going to have to try this!

michelle @ TNS April 5, 2008 at 10:02 pm

that chicken looks gorgeous – all the colors! it’s like delicious confetti.

i’ve never been that into giada, but lately i’ve been seeing dishes of hers on a bunch of blogs and they’ve all been lookin’ good.

Anna April 6, 2008 at 7:53 am

Julia, Fuzz likes it too. Maybe because it is so colorful and pretty, kids try it and think “Hmmmmm, this is not all bad”.

Michelle, I didn’t know the baby had arrived. Thanks for the update!

Claire, it seems like something you’d like :).

Michelle, Giada really is good at what she does. She’s bridges that gap between professional chefs and home cooks. Her recipes are built for every day cooking but they seem good enough that even a chef would make them at home. Does that make sense?

Stephanie April 6, 2008 at 6:56 pm

I’ve made this chicken several times as well. It is SO yummy! :-) Giada and Ina Garten are two of my favorites.

Shellbelle June 20, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Oh, PLEASE, please, please, I BEG you, figure out the Almondina cookie recipe! I LOVE them beyond all logic and reason, and I haven’t the faintest idea how to make them. My kids BEG for ‘em…Pretty please? :-)