Smoky Caramelized Balsamic Chicken

by on April 14, 2008 · 9 comments

This is one our last minute favorites. It doesn’t call for many ingredients and has tons of flavor. I make it in a 12 inch Viking saute pan.

Smoky Caramelized Balsamic Chicken

Chicken dish

Published on April 14, 2008

Michelle W. in Calif. April 14, 2008 at 8:33 pm

LOVE balsamic vinegar on chicken! I usually make a marinade from that, minced garlic, and some fresh rosemary from my rosemary tree! This recipe sounds good too…
I also volunteer a lot at my daughters’ elementary school, it’s a lot of fun, and I get a lot of perks by being involved… :-)

RecipeGirl April 14, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Any new, good chicken recipe is ok by me. The hubby always wants new, new new! And quick is good too.

Carrie April 15, 2008 at 6:02 am

YUM! I can’t wait to make this one. I use my liquid smoke all the time. Try a pork butt (shoulder) in a crock pot with equal portions of beef stock, chicken stock and 3 bottles of yummy beer, 1 large onion sliced, 6 crushed garlic cloves and liek 1 tsp of liquid smoke. 8-9 hours on low. Strain out most of the liquid shred up the pork, add your favorite BBQ sauce and you have some mean pulled pork sandwiches. With some cole slaw, fresh fruit and chips it is GOOD!

Take good care chicka!

Debbi April 15, 2008 at 5:45 am

I was up for about an hour last night hunting for new, easy, healthy, nummy chicken recipes on the internet last night. We eat a lot of chicken around here. It’s nice to find something different. I am always a little afraid of liquid smoke, it seems a bit powerful to me. It didn’t overwhelm the dish with 2 teaspoons? Thanks for sharing!!

Carrie April 15, 2008 at 7:21 am

I forgot to tell you that I passed on an award to you. I am sure you probably already got it, but here it is again! You seserve it :)

Anna April 15, 2008 at 7:59 am

Michelle, I love balsamic vinegar too and use it all the time in dressings and marinades. In this recipe, the balsamic is not the dominant flavor. It’s more of a caramel & smoke flavor. What I liked about it was it had a ton of flavor and didn’t require marinating.

Costco now sells individually wrapped Goldkist Farms bone-in chicken breasts. They’re great because they’re not super big like some of the other brands. Plus, you can use one or two at a time.

I still like Kosher chicken best, though.

RecipeGirl, let me know if you try it.

Debbie, liquid smoke can be overpowering, but it was actually very good here! I was surprised. I’d had a bottle in my pantry for about 2 years and now I can finally use it up.

Carrie, thanks for the pork recipe and the award.

Michelle W. in Calif. April 15, 2008 at 9:36 am

Where in the grocery store does one find liquid smoke? Spice aisle??

Katrina April 15, 2008 at 10:33 am

Liquid Smoke is probably with the BBQ sauce, condiments, A1 Sauce, etc.

Noble Pig April 15, 2008 at 5:19 pm

Oh that looks rustic and yummy. I’m going to try this one.