Agave & Honey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

by on May 20, 2008 · 8 comments

If you happen to have some agave nectar and are looking for ways to use it, here’s a recipe you might like. I made a batch a few days ago and think these taste even better today. Maybe the agave and honey keeps them fresh? I’m not sure, but I’ll be making them again. Next time, I’ll have to leave the raisins out so my daughter will eat them. She’s boycotted dried fruit :(.

agave-honey-oatmeal-raisin-cookies-00211

Agave-Honey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg (approx)
3 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (2 oz)
1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
1/8 teaspoon EACH baking soda & baking powder
1/4 scant teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup raisins

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix egg, agave, honey, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Stir very well.
Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir very well, then add to agave mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes.

Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and arrange on parchment lined cookie sheets spacing 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 10-11 minutes. Let cool completely.

Makes 8 cookies

Published on May 20, 2008

Pearl May 20, 2009 at 6:32 pm

awww that sounds delish!

sizzle May 20, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I was looking for something using honey and here you post this. Thanks!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer May 20, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Great recipe and Agave is now a staple in the pantry and is used daily!

Deb Schiff May 21, 2009 at 5:43 am

Nice! Would love to see a photo of these. ;D

Anna May 21, 2009 at 6:16 am

This is a really good cookie. I posted it it a long time ago and then for some reason, found it in my “unpublished” folder.

Bunnie Girl April 9, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Anna…Once again, you never cease to amaze! Just made these little delectables! I yielded 8 in the size I shaped. Oops, there seems to be a discrepancy in the count. There is only 7. Hmmm, wonder how that happened? The two tablespoons of beaten egg seemed, well, preposterous actually! I thought why? What is SHE thinking? Well, I should never have doubted your genius. (couldn’t find my agave-used all honey) I also added a handful of chopped pecans. I was fearful the yield wouldn’t be enough to extend the two days until I could rebake a dessert-so I needed more volume. Well, they are incredible! Baked for 8 minutes on silicone sheet and came out crunchy outside chewy inside. They look like a real HIGH fat HIGH sugar count cookie. Well rounded flavors, texture, don’t miss the butter at TALL! Thanks Anna! I really appreciate your recipes and advice. (Still loving your Whole Wheat chocolate chip coconut sugar alteration recipe. This is a close second!) You are one SWEET brilliant, talented cookie!!

Sue August 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm

two qustions:
can you use egg substitute for the egg?
Does it mess up the recipe if you double or triple it? Feeding 8 and only having 8 cookies just would not work at our house!

Anna August 28, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Hi Sue,

I haven’t doubled it, but it should be fine. And I’m sure egg substitute would be okay, too.