Article about a Trendy Vegan Bakery in Pennsylvania

by on May 28, 2008 · 10 comments

Vegan Bakery

Published on May 28, 2008

VeggieGirl May 28, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Fabulous!

VeggieGirl May 28, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Now my comments are being accepted! Hooray! It said that I was a spam comment before :0(

Anna May 28, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Very strange. It must do that if you post two comments consecutively.

Kelly May 28, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Huh..I live in PA (about an hour and a half from Bethlehem) and I’ve NEVER heard of this place.
Might have to check it out!

Clumbsy Cookie May 28, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Thanks for sharing, I love to read this articles.

Sue May 28, 2008 at 3:26 pm

That’s an interesting article! I love knowing that someone is so successful following their dreams and passions!

Katy May 28, 2008 at 3:44 pm

My vegan son lives in NY and he’s been enjoying Vegan Treats for years. We’ve eaten the peanut butter mousse bomb and the carrot cake at Teany (Moby’s ex-girlfiend’s vegan cafe in the East Village) and he can place special orders at Atlas. They’re all delicious and superior, in my opinion, to most of the offerings at the popular vegan bakery, Baby Cakes. I would love to get ahold of some of their recipes. I just baked a “wacky”, aka “amazon” chocolate cake for my son, who is arriving home to SF tonight. I used my new favorite vegan milk replacement in the frosting. It’s unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, an almond milk made by Blue Diamond. It’s delicious on its own and doesn’t have the aftertaste of soy milk.

Heidi May 28, 2008 at 3:45 pm

I don’t remember who mentioned that pie place in Kyle, but I heard about it on the Splendid Table podcast. The people who report are in Gourmet magazine. They went on and ON about the “pee-can” pie. I thought, if you’re going to talk about Texas pecans, at least pronounce it correctly! (they also mentioned King Ranch casserole ;)

Anna May 28, 2008 at 4:20 pm

I may go to Kyle tomorrow. I I go, I’ll look for the pie place.

Katy, you must have fun helping your son scope out vegan treats! I know I would….and I’m not even vegan. I am just impressed with how innovative vegan cooks can be. Vegan baking is a fun challenge.
As for almond milk, my mom (of all people…definitely not into health food) told me about it last year. She never liked the flavor of milk very much and turned to almond milk as an alternative.

aTxVegn May 29, 2008 at 7:49 am

It’s great to read about such a successful place. They obviously work very hard to turn out such scrumptious treats.

I just read about “The Happy Vegan Baker” who vends at a Pflugerville farmers market on Tuesdays. I’m going to try to get by next week.