Comments

Huh..I live in PA (about an hour and a half from Bethlehem) and I’ve NEVER heard of this place.
    Might have to check it out!

2. Sue says

That’s an interesting article! I love knowing that someone is so successful following their dreams and passions!

3. Katy says

My vegan son lives in NY and he’s been enjoying Vegan Treats for years. We’ve eaten the peanut butter mousse bomb and the carrot cake at Teany (Moby’s ex-girlfiend’s vegan cafe in the East Village) and he can place special orders at Atlas. They’re all delicious and superior, in my opinion, to most of the offerings at the popular vegan bakery, Baby Cakes. I would love to get ahold of some of their recipes. I just baked a “wacky”, aka “amazon” chocolate cake for my son, who is arriving home to SF tonight. I used my new favorite vegan milk replacement in the frosting. It’s unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, an almond milk made by Blue Diamond. It’s delicious on its own and doesn’t have the aftertaste of soy milk.

4. Heidi says

I don’t remember who mentioned that pie place in Kyle, but I heard about it on the Splendid Table podcast. The people who report are in Gourmet magazine. They went on and ON about the “pee-can” pie. I thought, if you’re going to talk about Texas pecans, at least pronounce it correctly! (they also mentioned King Ranch casserole ;)

I may go to Kyle tomorrow. I I go, I’ll look for the pie place.

Katy, you must have fun helping your son scope out vegan treats! I know I would….and I’m not even vegan. I am just impressed with how innovative vegan cooks can be. Vegan baking is a fun challenge.
    As for almond milk, my mom (of all people…definitely not into health food) told me about it last year. She never liked the flavor of milk very much and turned to almond milk as an alternative.

It’s great to read about such a successful place. They obviously work very hard to turn out such scrumptious treats.

I just read about “The Happy Vegan Baker” who vends at a Pflugerville farmers market on Tuesdays. I’m going to try to get by next week.