Kitchen Sink Brownies

Today’s recipe is something I found while lurking (Wooooo — ghost noise — Woooo) on the Southern Living bulletin board. The recipe was requested by someone who couldn’t find her Oxmoor House book and of course, someone with the book was nice enough to post it. The ladies on the bb liked these. I made half batch and may have undercooked mine a little. I’m not quite sure, but I thought the brownies were too rich…….or maybe it’s just the 3 sticks of butter. You’ll have to decided for yourselves. That is, if you dare.

Aside from halving the recipe, I made these as directed, but left the milk chocolate out of the batter then sprinkled it on the hot brownies as soon as they came out of the oven. When the milk chocolate softened, I swirled it around.

Recipe is here.

Kitchen Sink Brownies

Comments

The “ghost noise” made me crack up, haha :0D

I LOVE hodge-podge/kitchen sink baked goods – so much goodness packed into one treat!

I always think of ghosts when I hear about someone “lurking”. Woooooooo.

Maybe these brownies will bring you out of your baking rut? And is it just me, or are there a lot of “kitchen sink” type recipes around lately?

3. clevermonkey says

Oh my… now I have 41 brownies I need to try (I’m looking for my favourite brownie recipe and I figured this was a good place to start :).

4. Nick says

5. Meredith says

Those look good! But I still haven’t made the Nutella swirl brownies, yet. Which to make first…..Decisions, decisions!

Quick question — Did you use natural or dutched cocoa powder? And what kind of coffee [as though it will really make much of a difference!:)]

Emiline, I hope you didn’t have any nightmares.

Monkey, good luck. You have a lot of work ahead of you! I think my favorite brownie recipe right now is brownies made with golden syrup. They weren’t too fudgy, nor too cakey.

Nick, I’ll see what I can find.

Meredith, I used Hershey’s European style, but next time, I would use natural. The European Style was a bit overpowering in this recipe….or at least I thought so. Coffee was just plain old brewed coffee.

Personally, I recommend the Nutella Peanut Butter Brownies over the these.

7. Meredith says

And of the marbled pb variety — which did you prefer: the marbled nutella and pb. or the marbled chocolate and pb? They both look obscenely delicious!

8. Nick says

I’ve now made the PB and Nutella Brownies three times and ever time I’ve done it as a marbled brownie. The last time they turned out great but I still can’t get them to cook just like I want them. And they seem to dry out. Maybe there is just too much oil from the nutella and pb? I’d like to know how yalls turned out.

Hi Meredith, I like the State Fair Peanut Butter Chocolate Marbled Brownies because they are a bit richer.

Nick, I just emailed you.

I am going to reply to your comment under the Nutella Peanut Butter Brownies.