One Bowl White Chocolate Macadamia Raspberry Cookies

by on July 7, 2008 · 16 comments

I can’t type much right now because I’m supposed to be making dinner, but here’s one last cookie recipe for today. This recipe is less complicated than the previous one and should satisfy a raspberry white chocolate craving. The catch is, you have to have some fresh raspberries on hand. We usually don’t, but today we did and I was surprised to find how well they worked in cookies. I think dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries would be good too.

white chocolate raspberry cookies

One Bowl White Chocolate Macadamia Raspberry Cookies

8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt plus an extra 1/8 tsp
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup lightly salted macadamia nuts, barely chopped
4-5 ounces white chocolate, cut into chunks (I used Bakers)
1/2 cup (more or less) fresh raspberries , washed and dried

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cream, then beat in baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Add flour and stir just until blended. Stir in nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheets.

Carefully slice raspberries into halves or quarters – this will vary, depending on how much raspberry you want in your cookies and how large your raspberries are. Gently press pieces of raspberry in cookie dough rounds

Bake for 12-13 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Makes 2 dozen

Published on July 7, 2008

Anonymous July 7, 2008 at 5:38 pm

These look delicious! I LOVE white chocolate and macadamia nuts. I can’t wait to try it with raspberries.

HeartofGlass July 7, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Anna, your blog has been such an inspiration to me to start baking. Just wanted to give you an anniversary wish to add to the many messages already on your blog–and I think, given the humidity here in the east and my lack of expertise, I’m going to brave the cookies rather than the meringue! I’m not usually a white chocolate fan, but there is something about the combo of macadamia nuts and white chocolate that is a whole ‘greater than the sum of its parts.’

Cathy - www.wheresmydamnanswer.com July 7, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Wow these look great and I am all for anything that I can bake using one bowl. The raspberry in these cookies is so unique. These are a must try..

Cheers
Cathy

VeggieGirl July 7, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Those will be a great dessert after your dinner ;0)

HoneyB July 7, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Yumminess!

Sophie July 7, 2008 at 8:56 pm

I’ve never thought about adding raspberries to a cookie, but if they’re thrown in cakes, I imagine they’d be pretty tasty in a cake too :D.

Clumbsy Cookie July 8, 2008 at 3:02 am

With fresh raspberry they have to be great!

Lisa July 8, 2008 at 9:16 am

These look delicious! I love fresh raspberries in baked goods…much more than raspberry jam. Like your brownies also!

Hannah July 8, 2008 at 11:03 am

oh yeah! Bring it on!

Anonymous July 8, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Anna, These look unique — I’d love to make them, but I’m hesitant to buy a half pint of cream just for one tablespoon. Is there a substitute you can suggest or does this contribute significantly to the end result?

Oatmeal Cookie Guy July 8, 2008 at 1:46 pm

We’re on the same baker’s wavelength again. I made raspberry coconut cookies last night. If you can find them, dehydrated raspberries make great cookie add-ins. :^)

katie July 9, 2008 at 10:50 am

These sound fantastic. I have some fresh raspberries to use. I come to your site and find not one but two yummy sounding recipes. – thanks :)

Sara July 16, 2008 at 1:14 pm

I made these this weekend – they taste delicous, but I had a problem with the moistness of the raspberries – in the spots where they hit the cookie, it makes the cookie a little soggy and some of them fell apart. On the other hand, they stay soft and nice – I have them stored in the fridge to help keep them solid. I think my dough got too warm and spread too much, hence a thinner cookie where the wetness of the raspberries was a problem. Next time I would chill the dough before baking. Thanks for the recipe!

Paula'sCC April 1, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Hi!
I made this with frozen, crushed raspberries, flattened the dough and set the oven at 300. They looked completely different than yours (a flat, dark pink disk) and were delicious!!!
Thank you!

Caroline December 11, 2010 at 8:24 am

I made them and it was a total success!!! Thanks!

Cookie Monster February 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I made these cookie, WOW, are they good, changed a few things. Chopped the nuts finer, used white chocolate chips, also used 2 Tbl. of flour and chopped the raspberries. Mixed that with the dough and refrigerated it for 20 minutes. Put my cookies on the PP and put in oven to bake, keeping the rest of the dough cold til time to bake. They made more than 2 dozen and baked for about 14 minutes. Delicious!