Weekend Tip

by on July 4, 2008 · 7 comments

First off, Happy Fourth of July!

And now for the weekend tip (even though it’s only Friday).

Last night a reader named Kerry posted this tip.

Next time you’re baking PB cookies try this suggestion: Add a tablespoon or two of frozen orange juice concentrate. The flavor doesn’t really say “oranges” but it kind of brightens the flavor and improves the texture.

Sounds interesting.

Thanks Kerry!

Published on July 4, 2008

Katrina July 4, 2008 at 8:57 am

Hmmm, don’t make me make MORE pb cookies! :)

Happy 4th!

Bought some blueberries at the farmer’s market yesterday and just made a dessert that I pretty much “made up”. Will try to post it later today. –blueberries, lemon, cream cheesey, crusty, pecans…..we’ll see if it turned out. It’s chilling.

Janet July 4, 2008 at 10:49 am

A very Happy 4th of July to you and your family! I made your pnb cookies with chocolate chips/pnb chips….they are awesome! Thanks! Enjoyed all the Sea World photos and your Lizzie pics too.

HeartofGlass July 4, 2008 at 10:59 am

I baked your peanut butter cookies too, without chips and they were still good–don’t tell Frosty Paws Dog Spokescorgi Lizzie but I gave one to my dog. I still have lots of PB left over so I will make flourless pb cookies (1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 cup pb) with the remaining for comparison.

Barb July 4, 2008 at 11:31 am

I just won the blue ribbon, first place, in my local July 4th Bake Off with your Creamy Lemon Blueberry Bars! My prize was a gift certificate to the local garden center…which my gardener husband will surely enjoy! Now everybody’s happy!
Thanks for the recipe!

Anna July 4, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Katrina, I hope it’s good!

Janet and Heart of Glass, thanks for trying the criss-cross cookies. I always made them without the chips, but they were really good with chips too. They were so good I might make a new batch just for myself.

Barb, I emailed you. That made my day!

giz July 4, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I love these tips. I’ll have to try it next time I make PB cookies.

Happy 4th of July!!

Louise July 5, 2008 at 4:48 am

Hope all had a safe Independence Day…
What a GREAT! idea. Thanks for sharing.