I was having so much fun with Rita’s Oreomisu that I decided to try another version – specifically, one with coffee. After all, tiramisu means something like “pick me up” and while sugar might do it for a little while, I think it needs some caffeine.
So here’s version 2.0.(Adapted from Clumbsy Cookie)
Mini Oreo Tiramisus with Kahlua
3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
1/2 teaspoon Kahlua
About 1/3 cup brewed black coffee
Whipped cream and strawberries
1. Break apart the Oreos and scrape the filling into a little bowl.
2. Add mascarpone to bowl with filling and stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Stir in the Kahlua. Taste for sweetness. Feel free to add more Kahlua.
4. Crush 2 of the Oreo halves into crumbs. Set them aside.
5. Assemble towers. Working one Oreo half at a time, quickly dip each Oreo half into coffee and spread with a heaping ½ teaspoon of filling. Stack so that you have 5 Oreos layered with 5 layers of filling mix (end with filling mix). Do this twice to make two towers.
6. Dollop a couple of tablespoon of whipped cream on each of two plates. Set one tower in the center of each whipped cream topped plate. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top layer of tower.
7. Chill for a few hours to soften (if needed)
8. Surround with strawberries