Comments

Saw your comment on my blog – we were going to stay at the Peninsula, but it was all booked up. The Omni (where we did stay) is just as gorgeous :0)

2. Dana says

Oh my! I think that will have to be my husbands’ next birthday cake, as he is a HUGE malt fan! I made some chocolate malt cupcakes recently that were really good, and David Lebovitz’ malted milk ice cream is his favorite. I think this cake would put him over the top… !

3. trojan says

ok…i live in north austin..how much for a peice? lol.. it looks fabulous. Malt balls from HEB are my favorite candy…

4. Lindsey says

Wow, that looks great! I might have to give this one a try – I’ve got an almost full jar of Ovaltine that I need to use up and my in-laws are visiting. They always appreciate cake ;)

I’ve wanted to try this for awhile but my husband is not a fan of malted chocolate and although I COULD I’m not sure I SHOULD eat the whole thing myself!

Tried it! Really good… better than the current chocolate malt cake recipe that I have. I substituted buttermilk for the milk since my original recipe called for buttermilk… not sure what kind of difference that made. But cake is moist and has good malt flavor. (I used the carnation malt)

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for letting me know. If you liked it, it must be good! I’m happy to hear buttermilk worked because I love using buttermilk in cakes. I really need to make this one soon.