My Next Cake

by on August 10, 2008 · 10 comments

If I can drag my lazy self to the grocery store, I might actually make this cake today.

This is definitely a must-try cake. Thanks, Chowhound!

Triple Malt Cake

Published on August 10, 2008

VeggieGirl August 10, 2008 at 11:43 am

Saw your comment on my blog – we were going to stay at the Peninsula, but it was all booked up. The Omni (where we did stay) is just as gorgeous :0)

Cathy - www.wheresmydamnanswer.com August 10, 2008 at 11:59 am

That cake looks so amazing – I am patient if you do not feel like it today not a problem I will wait for you ;)

Dana August 10, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Oh my! I think that will have to be my husbands’ next birthday cake, as he is a HUGE malt fan! I made some chocolate malt cupcakes recently that were really good, and David Lebovitz’ malted milk ice cream is his favorite. I think this cake would put him over the top… !

trojan August 10, 2008 at 5:05 pm

ok…i live in north austin..how much for a peice? lol.. it looks fabulous. Malt balls from HEB are my favorite candy…

Erin Mylroie August 10, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Holy Smokes-that looks amazing. I’m anxious for you to try it and fill us in. I think I just found the next family birthday cake…

Kate August 10, 2008 at 7:27 pm

geez oh petes, looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see how it turns out for you and I may even give it a try :)

Lindsey August 11, 2008 at 11:57 am

Wow, that looks great! I might have to give this one a try – I’ve got an almost full jar of Ovaltine that I need to use up and my in-laws are visiting. They always appreciate cake ;)

Cherie August 12, 2008 at 10:33 am

I’ve wanted to try this for awhile but my husband is not a fan of malted chocolate and although I COULD I’m not sure I SHOULD eat the whole thing myself!

Jennifer Luxmoore August 16, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Tried it! Really good… better than the current chocolate malt cake recipe that I have. I substituted buttermilk for the milk since my original recipe called for buttermilk… not sure what kind of difference that made. But cake is moist and has good malt flavor. (I used the carnation malt)

Anna August 16, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for letting me know. If you liked it, it must be good! I’m happy to hear buttermilk worked because I love using buttermilk in cakes. I really need to make this one soon.