Oh Well

by on August 6, 2008 · 11 comments

Today’s recipe, brownies made with ricotta cheese, didn’t work out as planned. I’m kind of bummed because I had high hopes for a brownie that had a little extra nutritional value from the dairy, but the cheese made them too soft. Or at least I think so. I might chill them and see if they undergo some big textural change, but I don’t think that will happen.

Published on August 6, 2008

Anna Bananas August 6, 2008 at 11:00 am

You should try the 101 cookbooks Black Bean Brownies.

sounds gross, but she swears by ‘em and I trust her taste.

Jamie August 6, 2008 at 11:07 am

America’s Test Kitchen had an episode where they made brownies that were only 100 Calories per serving.

Here is the link:

Sue August 6, 2008 at 11:11 am

What a bummer! I’m sorry you had a culinary failure. You have a lot more successes than failures, so don’t be too hard on yourself.

Anna August 6, 2008 at 11:11 am

Anna, thanks for reminding me! I’ve seen that recipe before, but never tried it. I’m sure they are good.

Jamie, I wish I’d used a pre-tested recipe, but I was trying to do things a little differently and it just didn’t work out :(.

Anna August 6, 2008 at 11:30 am

I’ll live ;)

Katrina August 6, 2008 at 11:44 am

Hope they turn out in the fridge enough for us to see a picture!

Jamie August 6, 2008 at 12:58 pm

I made your Crumb Topped Choco-Peanut Butter Bars last night! I have pictures on my blog. They were yummy!

Adella August 6, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Hmmm…. how about converting it into a recipe for Ricotta Cheese Brownie Pie?

Randi August 6, 2008 at 3:27 pm

I just hate when recipes fail. I made the pizza bianca from CI on Sat and it didnt rise in the oven. I made it again and it worked, but I didnt love it.

VeggieGirl August 6, 2008 at 4:19 pm

No worries, Anna!! Better luck next time.

Clumbsy Cookie August 6, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Funny to find this here! Your ricotta brownies and the red bean brownies the other Anna commented on, and during the weekend I’ve made mashed potato brownies. Guess the strange flavour brownies are in right now!
Sorry yours didn’t work out :( But yes, you’re right, you’ll live, lol!