Sweetie Swirl Cheesecake Bars

by on September 12, 2008 · 10 comments

If I had frozen raspberries and raspberry extract on hand, I would run to the kitchen and make these right now!

This recipe is from Woman’s Day magazine. Grab it while you can before the link goes away.

Picture included with recipe!

Woman’s Day “Sweetie Swirl Cheesecake Bars”

Published on September 12, 2008

VeggieGirl September 12, 2008 at 7:46 am

I feel “out of the loop” that I’ve never seen raspberry extract at the store… I must hunt that down!!

runjess September 12, 2008 at 9:22 am

Are you running out to get ingredients to make these for us? ;)

LinC September 12, 2008 at 9:46 am

I don’t see the point of fresh raspberries if you also have to add raspberry extract. I’ll bet the recipe would work just fine substituting seedless raspberry jam. The jam would concentrate the flavors.

Anna September 12, 2008 at 9:53 am

Veggiegirl, I think McCormick makes it.

Jess, I’m trying hard not to! I have some strawberries on hand and might see what I could do with those. I don’t have any strawberry extract, though.

Lin, I guess the raspberry extract pumps up the flavor a little.

Katrina September 12, 2008 at 10:00 am

It’s such a small amount of extract, I’ll bet they’d still be just as good without the extract. I have frozen raspberries if you want to borrow them! ;) The bars look so yummy and of course, I could make them lower fat. I do like that the crust is a shortbread type crust instead of the usual graham cracker crust. My swirls on things like that never look that good though!

clumbsycookie September 12, 2008 at 10:10 am

It’s so “sweetie”!

Lisa Ernst September 12, 2008 at 10:51 am

These bars really look enticing. Raspberry and cheesecke (or strawberry) make such a perfect combination. Here I am in Nashville, rather than on my way to Houston for the art show. I can only hope that Ike’s damage to Galveston, Houston and the surrounding areas isn’t as bad as predicted.

Carole R. September 12, 2008 at 11:19 am

If you shop on line google raspberry extract.

Judy September 12, 2008 at 3:57 pm

I was also going to recommend seedless raspberry jam. I always use Polaner’s seedless raspberry fruit spread and it tastes great.

katie September 14, 2008 at 12:36 am

These look fantastic and so pretty.