Comments

1. Heidi says

hmmm…. I thought of you when I got a brat at Oktoberfest today. They asked me if I wanted sauerkraut, and it reminded me of a cake you mentioned.

Gonna have to saw ewwweeee on that one. I guess if it’s pureed like Jessica Seinfield does with things in her Deceptively Delicious book, it’s probably okay. I couldn’t really fool the real pros with the spinach in the brownies. I just bought some kale and don’t really like the taste. Isn’t collard greens similar? Gonna stick with the regular stuff!

3. HeartofGlass says

I’ll admit my first little prissy Yankee reaction was ‘eww.’ But really, ‘we’ (as in we all )eat carrot cake, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, rhubarb,and other quasi-vegetable desserts, and quiche is sort of like a half cake/half savory option, as are British savory pies. There’s also a ketchup apple pie recipe–still, I won’t be making this collard cake very soon, I’m afraid!

4. Cathy says

Zucchini cookies and bread are awesome, so I guess collard greens probably go unnoticed….as long as you don’t tell anyone beforehand.

5. Karen says

I’ve seen European recipes for sweet tarts made with chard and raisins, kinda similar I guess. I must say I won’t be making this one real soon, if ever, even though I like collards.

6. Judy says

I had this cake last night at church, It was really good,not a collard taste more like Zucchini to me.

I love collard greens, especially at Christmas and New Years, but I had never heard of or thought to put collards in a cake. A friend told me that she had a piece at church and that it was delicious. I am always looking for the unusual, so on Sat. I baked my first Collard Greens Cake. Much to my surprise, it did not have a collard green taste. It was moist and very similar to Carrot Cake.
    I think that if you like carrot cake and are bold enough to try the collard greens cake you will like it.

8. Mary Ann Johnson says

I’ve had this and it was delicious. I want the recipe so I can make it. Anyone have it to pass on?