Fudgy/Chewy/Cakey

by on October 10, 2008 · 9 comments

One of my goals this month is to get my “Brownies” category sorted out. Under “Brownies” you’ll find normal brownie recipes plus variations (cocoa loco, peanut butter, etc.), but I’ve added sub-categories of Fudgy, Cakey and In-Between. While looking through old recipes I found that most of my brownies are either fudgy or in-between. Since I do like a good cakey brownie now and then, my plan is to make a couple of batches this week.

This morning, while searching for cakey brownie recipes, I ran across a helpful article in Fine Cooking. I have my eye on the cakey recipe and may make a quick batch today. If I don’t make that one, then I’ll go with a frosted version. In any event, today’s cookie will be some sort of cakey brownie.

That’s all.

Published on October 10, 2008

Rachel B October 10, 2008 at 8:41 am

The KAF Cookie Companion has several texture-specific brownie recipes, in case you need more candidates. I found their Fudgy ones too sweet for my tastes, but have not tried the Cakey or On-the-Fence.

Sue October 10, 2008 at 9:17 am

Wow! I just noticed you have 58 entries in the brownie category!! You’re simply amazing.

VeggieGirl October 10, 2008 at 10:01 am

EXTRA-fudgy brownies for me, please!! :-)

Looking forward to today’s cookie recipe, as always.

TGIF!!

clumbsycookie October 10, 2008 at 10:04 am

Have fu brownieing arround! I think I prefer the chewy kind…

Joanna October 10, 2008 at 12:25 pm

I made your brownies with golden syrup last week and they were absolutely gigantic. The recipe called for a 9 inch pan and I used an 8 inch. That might be the reason for their steroid-like appearance. haha

Emily Rose October 11, 2008 at 3:21 pm

I love all types of brownies but I’m definitely partial to fudgy ones!

Bianca October 21, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Anna, just remembered you posting about brownies! Have you tried or heard about Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies Recipe? I’ve heard so much about it and would love to try it.

Anna October 21, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Bianca, yes! That’s a great recipe and I’ve made it several time. Ina’s original version makes a HUGE amount of brownies so I usually cut it in half and make it in a 13×9 inch pan. But it’s an excellent recipe.

Bianca October 22, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Great! I’m so glad it’s tried and tested by you. I’m in university and my flatmates and I are determined to find THE best brownies ever. Can you tell we’re procrastinating? WE LOVE YOUR BLOG, ANNA! It’s like home away from home!