Happy Halloween!

by on October 31, 2008 · 9 comments

Happy Halloween, Ghouls and Ghosts!

fat pumpkin

Today was the day we were supposed to “paint” that pie pumpkin. As it happened, we didn’t paint it at all. Instead, Fuzz’s class had to weigh and measure their pumpkins, then gut them and count all the seeds by ten. Sounds like party to me! See, our schools aren’t allowed to celebrate actual Halloween, so this event was called The Great Pumpkin Experience. It was fun, plus I got to meet the class Gecko.

yuck

I’m not exactly sure when or what today’s cookie will be. Maybe I’ll make jelly donuts for all the trick-or-treaters.

(not really)

Published on October 31, 2008

clumbsycookie October 31, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Sounds like fun to me. Wasn’t Fuzz enjoying it?

Anna October 31, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Yeah, but she didn’t like the pumpkin smell. It was kind of gross.

Catherine October 31, 2008 at 12:39 pm

Haha that is a great face! Happy Halloween.

Katrina October 31, 2008 at 1:00 pm

I’m with Fuzz, I really can’t stand the gutting a pumpkin part of it. I don’t like the smell either, but I do love things made with pumpkin, just like it when all the work has been done for me. The pumpkin my 10 year old picked out was in the beginning stages of rotting, we carved them with some friends over, so each adult was assigned a kid to help. Heaven bless Tes, she helped Scott gut his very stinky pumpkin. I would have given up and was almost gagging from just being in the same room with them. Their pumpkin turned out cute though. I forgot to take pictures, and now all the pumpkins look like old men with no teeth.
Happy Trick or Treating!
Busy day here!

VeggieGirl October 31, 2008 at 1:27 pm

HAHA!! Priceless photo of Fuzz :-)

HeartofGlass October 31, 2008 at 5:08 pm

They’re not allowed to celebrate Halloween? Jeez, how holidays change. I’m old enough to remember getting apples with silver paper covered coins stuck in them, but young enough to be warned that any baked good give out by some unsuspecting old lady must have a razor blade in it. I bet all of the kids in your neighborhood are disappointed they aren’t getting homemade jelly doughnuts!

trojan October 31, 2008 at 7:40 pm

WHAT????No Halloween???? I’m shocked and my how the times have changed:(

Monica h October 31, 2008 at 8:02 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog- I love yours too. I hope you’ll come back :-)

Happy Halloween to you and Fuzz!

Fuzz May 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm