Miscellaneous Weekend Things

by on October 4, 2008 · 12 comments

No new recipes today. Instead, I went to Central Market and bought myself a Carol’s Cookie. It’s going to take a day or two to eat it all, but what I’ve had so far was excellent. The ingredients are pretty typical, so I’m not sure how she makes such a dense, crumbly, flavorful cookie. Will definitely try to clone.

In other news. The multi-family garage sale was a big success. Fuzz sold all of the zucchini bread, some banana bread I froze a few weeks ago, the amaretto squares (again, thawed from frozen) and some muffins made from spice cake mix. After the sale, Fuzz took half her money to the Town Lake Animal shelter and donated it to them. Todd took her. I was kind of hoping they’d come back with another pet, but they didn’t. That’s probably a good thing.

Fuzz sells cookies

Published on October 4, 2008

Carole R. October 4, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Fuzz is rowing into a beautiful young lady. She is getting cuter if that is possible.

Plus he is learning to share.

Heather October 4, 2008 at 4:58 pm

What an impressive young lady to donate half her earnings. It’s so nice to see when children are taught to “give back”. :) She’s a beautiful girl.

VeggieGirl October 4, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Hooray for a successful garage sale!!

Aww, cute photo of Fuzz :-)

Katrina October 4, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Sounds like a fun day. Can’t wait to see and hear more about the Carol’s cookie clone.
Yeah for successful garage sales. Our neighborhood had one and I was too lazy to find stuff to donate. Next time I’ll just bake stuff to sell!
That’s awesome of Fuzz to donate some of her money!

Karen October 4, 2008 at 6:54 pm

I’m curious about those Carol’s Cookies. After your first post about them I went to their website and the cookies are supposedly sold in my market but I haven’t seen them there. I hope you post a photo?

Amy October 4, 2008 at 6:58 pm

I first heard of Carol’s cookies 8 years ago, when I moved to Chicago. We were having dinner at my husband’s (then boyfriend’s) father’s house. Hubby’s friend came over with some Carol’s Cookies. And then told the story of how my husband had dated Carol’s daugther. We’d only been dating about 5 months. I don’t eat Carol’s Cookies. I was mad at the friend, too, b/c the cookies looked so good!

Joanna October 4, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Amy, that story is really funny. I probably wouldn’t eat the cookies either… unless they were just THAT good… but I’m sure your cookies are better!

Anna, I can’t wait to see what you come up with for this cookie recipe. I’ve never had a Carol’s cookie, so I’m pumped. That garage sale looks so fun, too! I’ve never had one, but have been to a bunch and they never have food.

Denn October 4, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Your daughter is a dyed in the wool animal lover. Don’t be surprised if she ends up spending her entire life in the care and service of animals. To have such thoughtfulness for them at her age is phenomenal. I send hugs to all of you.

clumbsycookie October 5, 2008 at 12:48 am

Well done Fuzz for donating the money!!! Glad it was a sucess!

Kim October 5, 2008 at 5:40 am

Fuzz has beautiful hair! I hope she embraces the curliness when she’s older! She’s so lucky!

Lisa Ernst October 5, 2008 at 6:00 am

I too was curious about the Carol’s cookies. I went to their website and I see they look like Levain’s — really large and high. How do they compare?

Anna October 5, 2008 at 8:08 am

Thanks for all the nice comments about Fuzz. I read them out loud to her and she is so proud of herself.

Lisa, the Carol’s cookies are quite different than Levain’s. They have a firmer, denser, more shortbread like quality.