Day After Halloween

Candy anyone?

fuzz with candy

Fuzz made quite a haul! I guess no one could resist a cute little fairy with a hockey injury? That, and it was Halloween.

That little brown dot by her eye is a scab forming from last Wednesday when she got hit with a hockey stick in P.E..

cute fairy

So Halloween is done. We looked forward to it for months, but didn’t get any trick-or-treaters. To stave off the post-holiday blues, I think I’ll head downtown to Texas Book Fest to see my old friend George Duran and buy his book. I didn’t even know he HAD a book until two days ago, but it sounds really good “Take This Dish and Twist It!”.

Coby Kummer, who wrote a book about coffee and came up with my favorite biscotti recipe, is also going to be there.

Comments

Anna your doll is a doll. We, too, had no Trick or
    Treaters last night. Very sad. Does Fuzz get to keep her candy or do you donate to an organization

2. HeartofGlass says

So much to bake, so much candy, so little time, I’m sure Anna is thinking!

I thought the ‘hockey injury’ was a joke about her missing front teeth! If she has another costume party you should give her a stick and put on a jersey and have her go as the ‘Sean Avery fairy’ or the ‘NHL sprite.’

3. Therese B. says

Hi Anna!

I know…the candy…the candy. My son Corey (age 13)…still goes trick or treating. He and his friends weighed their candy bags. Corey had 10 LBS. of candy!!!!
    Our neighborhood is chocked full of kids. I went through 40 pre-made treat sacks and 6 jumbo bags of candy!! I really thought I had too much. So…Anna/Fuzz you can come here next year for trick or treating! We even had the town fire truck come in…lights on..handing out candy. That was nice!
    GREAT SHOTS OF FUZZ…And I love the shot of her with the guts from the pumpkin!! Priceless!
    Thanks for sharing! Missing teeth…oh man…adorable!

4. Jan Harris says

I’ll take the Butterfingers and the Necco wafers!
    Boy, that hockey stick came within a fraction of an inch from her eye. Scary, glad she’s o.k.

She’s adorable! I know I couldn’t resist her either and would fill her bucket with candy!

No trick or treaters?! Wow! We live in a neighborhood where they truck them in. We have sidewalks, street lights and lots of families. So they go all out with decorating too. I always say it looks like the Trick or Treating scene from E.T. here. My two kids made a huge haul – I’ll be using your tricks to use up the candy in a few days! We ended up having to turn off the lights and decorations at 8 pm when we noticed all the regular neighborhood kids were done and it was just kids being driven in from other places. We were about out anyway.
    I’ll have to check out that book too!

Times what Fuzz got by 4! We’re swimming in it here!
    I’m not allowed to bake today, maybe even tomorrow. That’s my goal/plan. There’s too much junk here!
    We only got about two trick-or-treaters and they were neighbor kids. So besides the four fat pumpkin buckets full of candy, we have a BIG bowl full of our giveaway stuff. I bagged it up and locked it in a closet. Maybe it will show up in the Christmas stockings!
    Guess I’ll go clean the house some more. ;(

She looks cute, although it took me a moment to register that she went out trick-or-treating with only that on. Our little fairies wear sweat suits or turtlenecks under their costumes! We had a balmy Halloween but we still were in sweatshirts.

Fuzz had a nice haul! My older son counted his candy … his plan is to eat one piece per day. That will last him until January 29 (so I guess he’ll know if I swipe a few).

8. Tiffany says

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll!

I think that is the cutest fairy I’ve seen this year! What a sweetie! We got rained on while trick-or-treating. We had to run the last block to keep from getting completely drenched. But the kiddies had a great time. Remember when you were little and getting rained on was fun???

Now for thanksgiving…..

9. Anonymous says

Anna, I imagine the wheels are turning in your mind for some creative things to do with some of that candy. If so, I can’t wait to see the results. I see lots of M&M’s, Reeces and Kit Kats. Good add ins!