Halloween Candy Round-Up — Yee Haw!

by on November 2, 2008 · 11 comments

Until I find some new (and good) uses for Halloween candy, here’s a list of things I’ve made in the past.

Hershey Bars

Cookies With Milk Chocolate – Can’t really go wrong here

Milk Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cake – Todd loved this – it was more of an ice cream pie

Hershey Bar Pie – Well-loved favorite. Mix in some dark chocolate if you like

S’mores Cookies – Always popular

Snickers

Snicker Cookies – Another sure thing

Reese’s

Peanut Butter Brownies – These look a little gooey, but I’ll bet they’re good after they’ve set.

Judy’s Peanut Butter Cookies – Given all my Reese’s, I’m going to make a ton of these

Mom and Dave’s Faves – Ditto here

Assorted

Candy Bar Bars – These were actually really good! Plus, you can slip in some of the oddball candies that you don’t want (but not Nerds!).

Mounds
Mounds Brownies – My sources say these are very good.

Milky Way

Milky Way Cake – Old favorite. If you collected enough Milky Ways to make this, you’re a lucky person.

Heath Bars

Oats & Toffee Cookies

Heath Bar Brownies (Epicurious) – Made a long time ago – very good

Small Batch Toffee Cookies – Awesome recipe! This is a small batch – just enough for a few stray Heath bars. If you have a lot of Heath Bars, check out the large batch version on Epicurious.

Butterfinger

Bars – Rich blondie type bar

Special Peanut Butter Balls – Freeze your Butterfingers, then make some of these for a cookie exchange

Mini Butterfinger Icebox Cake – Really good!

Butterfinger Cookies with Butterscotch –Good

Chocolate Butterfinger Pie – Tofu and Butterfinger, don’t knock it ‘til you try it.

Butterfinger Mounds – As Bridget Jones would say – v. good

Whoppers

Whopper Topped Brownies – Throw together. This is for people who got a whole lot of Whoppers.

Greenspan Whopper Cookies – Popular cookie from Dorie Greenspan. I keep meaning to make these again because my first batch came out a little too flat.

Kit Kats

Recipegirl’s Lemon Bars with Kit Kat Crust – From Recipe Girl, so it’s good. Sounds interesting…

M&Ms

Monster Cookies – No-brainer

Double Decker Brownies – This version uses a lot of baking powder, but it was still good. Might execute differently next time.

Assorted – These are recipes I plan on looking through this week

Recipe Goldmine

That’s My Home

Food TV

Published on November 2, 2008

Sue November 2, 2008 at 8:40 am

That’s an impressive list!! I’m so glad not to have all that Halloween candy in the house. We had a lot of trick or treaters so we only had a little Halloween candy leftover, which my husband has taken care of already!

Happy baking everyone!!

VeggieGirl November 2, 2008 at 8:56 am

NICE!!!

Joanna November 2, 2008 at 9:30 am

i made the snickers bar cookies 2 days ago and they were awesome! i loved how they were sandwiched in a peanut butter cookie. i always put some twix bars in the center as well- can never go wrong with twix.

Randi November 2, 2008 at 10:40 am

Too bad butterfingers are made with mockolate and not real chocolate. The only ones made w/ real chocolate are the jinglers for xmas and the hearts at vday.

RecipeGirl November 2, 2008 at 10:52 am

You’re SO sweet… thanks!

I’m a HUGE, H U G E fan of sweets that incorporate candy bars, so I’ll be bookmarking some of these to try!

I made that Milky Way cake one time and it was the heaviest cake ever. But very good!

Tomorrow look for a another candy treat on my blog!

Lisa November 2, 2008 at 11:38 am

Great list! Thank you. We have way too much candy. I made bars with some that we took to party last night.

clumbsycookie November 2, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Wow Anna, what a sweet round-up!

Stefani November 2, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Hi Anna,
Do you think using two 8×8’s or 1 9×9/1 8×8 would work for the candy bar bars recipe? In my head, it seems it would work….but I need verification from you before I try. :) :) What do ya think?

Amy November 2, 2008 at 3:08 pm

How about candy corn–are there any good recipes for that? I bought some yesterday because I was craving candy corn & peanuts…ate one handful and that satisfied the craving. Now I’ve got a whole bag of the stuff. I thought to myself, “If anyone has a recipe for cookies made with candy corn, it’s Anna.” :)

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer November 3, 2008 at 9:08 am

WOW that is one DAMN fine list!!! There are so many great things to do with leftovers I think that is half the fun!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful list…

ray November 3, 2008 at 6:05 pm

the link to your milky way cake takes you to the mounds bars instead. i would really like to see the milky way link. thanks