Happy Friday Etc.

If you are dying to know who won the free coupon for Savorings and the wine accessories goodie bag, check back later. My celebrity judge is still sorting through the entries. She’s extremely thorough, and you all are so very creative it’s probably a tough job.

If you didn’t win this time, don’t worry. I have a few more giveaways scheduled in the upcoming weeks with more great prizes.

But back to Savorings. We talked about your entries at dinner last night and Todd & I chose our personal favorites. Fuzz was mad she couldn’t enter but came up with her idea anyway “The people are food tasters for Pillsbury and they’re having dinner.” Then she decided to hold a contest on her own blog asking people to draw turkeys and send them to her. I wish she’d stay seven forever.

Anyhow, moving on to today’s cookie. I have my eye on these chocolate-almond bars from Food & Wine’s December issue. This recipe wasn’t part of their “Baking Talent” feature, but rather from their test kitchen (who are talented too, I’m sure). The almond butter in the dough sounds interesting.

Comments

1. Sue says

I think that recipe is quite a find! It doesn’t have any flour in it!! If I had almond butter in the house, I’d be mixing these up instead of commenting on your blog! :-)

2. Rina says

What is your take on almond butter? I’ve been nervous to try it in lieu of peanut butter in a few recipes. I can’t wait to hear what you think (if you make these)! The recipe looks great.

these sound amazing. i love chocolate and almonds together. reminds me of a hersheys with almonds bar. damn those things are good.

fuzz is such a funny girl. if i sent her a turkey, she wouldn’t know what it was. my drawing skills aren’t anyway near my baking skills haha

That’s too cute about Fuzz. I’ll have to check her blog out again.
    Can’t wait to see whose “story” is picked.
    Yum to the chocolate almond bars.

5. Karen says

I hope you make the chocolate almond bars! Looks interesting – no flour. I can’t envision them.

When my daughter was 8, she did a craft project in school that had to do with wishes. The made a ceramic “wish keeper” and wrote wishes on little sheets of paper and rolled them up and stuck them in little holes in the wishkeeper. She told me not to read them, but of course I did when she wasn’t around. One of the wishes was something like “I wish I could stay the same size I am now and not grow any bigger and always be 8.” It made me happy that she was happy, but it made me kinda sad too.
    Of course, now she’s 15 and can’t wait to be 25.

6. Sherry says

Anna:
    I’ve been loving your blog for about a year. I didn’t realize till this post that Fuzz has her own blog, that’s so awesome. My granddaughter is 8 and loves the computer (of course) and I’m thinking she’d love to read Fuzz’s blog (Jade loves crafts!). It is possible to get the web address? Thanks Anna and keep up your wonderful work!
    Sherry