The Dog Did My Homework

by on November 21, 2008 · 12 comments

Did you know corgis were good at calculus? It’s true. Here’s the latest photo of Lizzie helping Fuzz do her homework. It’s spelling, though.

dog doing homework

Also, I was just looking for an excuse to post a cute picture.

Today’s cookie is going to be a bit late because this morning’s goals include finishing up Thanksgiving shopping and perfecting a slow cooker stuffing recipe based on Ace’s recipe and the one I did last year. By the end of the day, I should have it written up. Somewhere along the way, I hope to fit in a new cookie recipe.

Published on November 21, 2008

Carole R. November 21, 2008 at 8:39 am

Fuzz, cute #1
Lizzie, cute #2

VeggieGirl November 21, 2008 at 8:51 am

too cute!!! :-D

Katrina November 21, 2008 at 8:55 am

Cute! Maybe that’s what we need for homework at our house–a dog, a Corgi!

Lisa November 21, 2008 at 8:59 am

What a cute picture! I plan on making the giant choc chip cookie today and will let you know how it turns out.

Joanna November 21, 2008 at 9:53 am

this is so funny. he can help me with my math then. i’m currently not doing well at all!!! i wish i had spelling class again. at least i understood that.

Barbara Hahn November 21, 2008 at 10:42 am

Oh, I just love your doggie. Your little girl is growing up fast. She is so cute.

Laura November 21, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Oh, that is too cute!

Rachel B November 21, 2008 at 1:03 pm

That’s funny! Elvis the calculus corgi actually lives with his math professor friend Prof. Tim Pennings in our town of Holland, Michigan. Although Elvis doesn’t usually get on well with other corgis, he’s happily played with our mild-mannered Max on one occasion. Elvis can frequently be seen in good weather dashing behind Prof. Pennings’ bike.

I think a spelling corgi is pretty impressive, too, though! :)

Anna November 21, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Rachel, I am so impressed! Now I and everyone who knows you via the comment section is two degrees of separation from Elvis the calculating corgi.

snooky doodle November 21, 2008 at 3:44 pm

cute photo :)

jennywenny November 21, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Aww! My cat tries to help with what I’m doing too.

Sharon November 29, 2008 at 9:34 am

Howdy!! Your daughter and new family member are both just precious. Thanks for sharing them w/ those of us interested in yummy sweet stuff ;) I thought I’d tell you this as I keep thinking about it….I was at the Albuquerque East side animal shelter a few months ago and there was a mini-corgi that looked just like Lizzi. She was about 5 lbs, full grown – sooo cute!!! I almost emailed you to let you know but I figured what would you do with that info ;) — and didn’t want you to become a dogaholic like us ;) — he he!! We have six rescued dogs here that love it when I fling little bits of leftover baked goods at them. There’s nothing that makes a little child or pup happier than sharing in the kitchen festivities. Congratulations on having a happy & so cute family ;) and I think it is great you are teaching Fuzz about cooking and business (w/ your website). Have a great holiday – the quirky Bice family – from Albuquerque ;) … P.S. Most of your receipes work pretty good at 7,000 ft altitude – sometimes I adjust slightly or add my own variation. Thanks again for your great site ;))