Crustless Ham & Broccoli Quiche

Crustless Ham & Broccoli Quiche

1 cup broccoli florets
4 ounces (114 grams) very low fat ham
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese
3 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon (.5 ml) salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) garlic powder
3/4 cup (180 ml) low fat milk
3/4 cup (180 ml) low fat cottage cheese
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons (30 ml) all purpose flour
1 cup (114 grams) shredded Kraft 2% milk Colby Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Spray a 9 inch round glass pie plate with cooking spray.

Layer broccoli, ham and onions across bottom of pie plate; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk in salt (if using), garlic powder, milk, cottage cheese and paprka.

Toss cheddar cheese with flour and add to egg mixture. Pour egg mixture over quiche.

Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Let stand for about 10 minute before serving.

MASTERCOOK NUTRITION INFO — I am not sure it’s 100% accurate, but it sounds right.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 9g Fat (44.4% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;

Published on December 27, 2008

CindyD December 27, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Glad you were just kidding! Gave me a heart attack at first!

Sue December 27, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Thanks. I just found dinner for tonight!

Katrina December 27, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Looks yummy. The few times I’ve made quiche, even Kevin didn’t seem to care for it.
I actually thought you were serious (for just a sec) about changing your blog because I think you just made a quiche the other day, too. :)
Looks like a great protein, low carb dish!

Sara December 27, 2008 at 1:32 pm

This looks great, I love quiche but the crust always makes it so rich and fatty.

Laurelg1 December 27, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I scrolled up to see if you changed your name…then I kept reading and was relieved.

clumbsycookie December 27, 2008 at 2:40 pm

You scared me there for a second! Not that I don’t like quiches, but I prefer cookies ;)! I usually do the not low fat versions with crust and all, but really should try this one next to compensate for the cookies, you’re right! Hope you had a great time during Christmas!

snooky doodle December 27, 2008 at 3:15 pm

This look yummy! and healthy too. :)

LilSis December 27, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I’m really not great at baking cookies, though, I do try. So, I’m glad you’re doing a few different things and I LOVE quiche! I love broccoli in quiche also. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’ve never made one with cottage cheese before, so I’ll definitely give it a try!

Piney December 27, 2008 at 3:57 pm

I love quiche…bring ‘em on! I usually make Paula Deen’s recipe with the hash brown crust but would like to try something different!

Michelle W. in Calif. December 27, 2008 at 4:44 pm

I’ve never attempted a quiche, but I love to eat them. Every Christmas Day, my MIL has a brunch which features several home-made quiches—yummy! She didn’t “do” Christmas at her house this year, but gave us a quiche to heat up for breakfast on our xmas morning! It was wonderful, as usual…
Can I leave the broccoli out of this one? Not a fan!

Kalyn December 27, 2008 at 8:52 pm

The quiche looks delicious. I saw your tweet about changing the blog a little and started thinking about it. You could keep the url and blog the same but just change the name to something like “Cookie Madness – and A Few Other Tasty Bites” or something that which implies that there are occasionally other recipes besides cookies. That would be a fun way to branch out but still keep the focus on cookies.

And let me be one of the first to say Happy Birthday (in 2 hours and 10 minutes.) Your birthday is on the same day as the birthday of my fabulous brother Rand!

Anna December 27, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Cindy, I am glad you’re okay ;).

Sue, if you decide to make it, let me know. I’d like to hear your thoughts.

Katrina, does Kevin like scrambled egg dishes? Just curious.

Sara, that’s the problem. The filling is the tasty part. The crust is good, but if you have a good filling you won’t really miss the crust (Note: I don’t feel this way about pie).

Laurel and Rita, I’m glad you both scrolled down. Then again, I do foresee some changes around here. Not sure when or how.

Snookydoodle, I’ve felt really unhealthy lately. Not necessarily because of the cookies themselves, but because I’ve been eating too many of them.

LilSis, I’m sure you could make good cookies if you really wanted to, but I’m glad you appreciate the departure from cookies today.

Piney, I’ll have to look for that Paula Deen quiche. I’m guessing it’s not reduced fat.

Michelle, quiche is the easiest thing and yes, you can definitely leave out the broccoli. You might want to sub some spinach, though.

Kalyn, thanks for the birthday wish! Happy Birthday to Rand.

claire December 27, 2008 at 11:36 pm

Yum…looks great! I love quiche, too, but it IS so fatty. This one looks pretty doable. I need to make one before I start my next rotation b/c it will be good easy heat-up suppers.

Natalie December 28, 2008 at 6:12 pm

Funny – I have been looking for a good egg dish like this without a crust! Thank you – it looks delicious! I love all the cookies too.

Valerie Mendenhall November 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Making this quiche now…it looks like it’s going to turn out great! At first I thought I wouldn’t have enough egg, but when the milk and cottage cheese is added, it got all the volume it needed.

Anna November 13, 2011 at 8:38 pm