Winter Spice Cookies

by on December 14, 2008 · 15 comments

Today didn’t get off to a very good start. Fuzz, who has been sick since Friday, had to miss her first ever piano recital. She’d practiced for weeks and we’d even bought her a red & white Santa Claus dress for the show. But thanks to a stomach bug, she’s home in her pajamas. The good news is she’s getting better.

Anyhow, I spent all morning cleaning and didn’t get a chance to bake a cookie, but this one from Su Good Sweets caught my eye. If you try it, let me know!

Winter Spice Cookies

In the meantime, Todd’s birthday is tomorrow so I need to start looking for a good cake.

Published on December 14, 2008

Janice December 14, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Oh Fuzz,
Feel better!
Hugs to you!!!

VeggieGirl December 14, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Wishing Fuzz a quick, full recovery!!

Carole R. December 14, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Get well, Fuzz. I bet your new dress is beautiful—just like you.

Katrina December 14, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Hope Fuzz is feeling all better soon! Sick kids is SO not fun.
I made some gingerbread blondies with white chocolate that have similar ingredients to these cookies! Yum to ginger this time of year! ;)

Sue December 14, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Poor Fuzz! So much work and preparation. She must be really disappointed. Maybe when she’s feeling better, and she has her winter break she could hostess a little tea and mini piano recital and wear her new dress? I hope she’s feeling better soon! Hugs to both of you.

Lisa December 14, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Oh, poor Fuzz! I hope she gets better and can wear her dress someplace special.

Amy D. December 14, 2008 at 5:15 pm

That is so sad. I hope Fuzz is feeling better soon.

HeartofGlass December 14, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Yeesh, I’ve been injured and feeling sorry for myself–but that really blows chunks (sorry, couldn’t resist) for Fuzz. I think that warrants a ‘mom reading an inspiring American Girl Story’ bedtime tale tonight and a dinner out to show off the new Santa dress once she feels better.

No joke–when I was sick, I remember watching Julia Child with my (noncooking) mom and grandmom on PBS. Always made me feel better.

Perhaps some Black Forest Boston Cream pie birthday cake?

Kelly December 14, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Sorry Fuzz is sick. We have all been in jammies all day due to a giant blizzard. Might make the Blissful Cranberry Cookies…

Rina December 14, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Poor Fuzz, that is really disappointing. I’m glad to hear that she’s feeling better!

I have a copy of “Sky High Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes,” which has a good Black Forest Cake recipe – I’ll gladly email it if you don’t have a copy of the book.

clumbsycookie December 15, 2008 at 4:24 am

Feel better soon Fuzz! Shame about the recital, but I’m sure she’ll do great in the next one!

RecipeGirl December 15, 2008 at 8:14 am

Oh, that’s heartbreaking!! I remember when my son had to miss his Christmas program in preschool. He was devastated. Wishing Fuzz get well wishes :)

Kristin W December 15, 2008 at 9:13 am

Glad Fuzz is on the mend; SOO sorry she had to miss the recital. Sick is so seldom convenient….

I feel your pain about the holiday birthday. Christian’s birthday was last Wednesday — you have to work twice as hard to make holiday birthdays special, and between our families we have a ton of them. If we *do* ever have kids, I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure they’re born at a respectable time of year. Like April.

For cake suggestion, my standard for birthday cakes has become the pineapple-coconut-graham cracker cake. I think I sent you that one….

Good luck!

Sue December 15, 2008 at 9:19 am

Happy Birthday to Todd!
I just went over to leave a comment on the Oatmeal Cookie Guy’s site regarding his yummy Cranberry Crunch Cookies. While I was there I browsed around and couldn’t help but think of you and Todd because the OCG has a Boston Cream Pie cookie posted. If I remember correctly Todd is a Boston Cream Pie fan and you’re the Cookie Queen (in my world anyway), so I thought that would be perfect for the two of you.

Randi December 15, 2008 at 10:33 am

If Todd likes coconut cake, the one I made for my bday is excellent!!