Hey Y’all!

by on January 28, 2009 · 15 comments

Paula Deen makes brownies on the LA Times blog….and says “Up jumped the devil.”

Published on January 28, 2009

Therese B. January 28, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I love..love…love Paula Deen!! OMG! Those brownies…holy crap my cholesterol would be shooting off the charts! But, what a concept!!
A whole candy bar x 3 between the batter of a store bought brownie box mix. I say…the devil made me do it!!! Yumoland!

jenjen January 28, 2009 at 11:49 pm

Wow – those are AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Jen

Pearl January 28, 2009 at 11:53 pm

paula dean makes me laugh :)

clumbsycookie January 29, 2009 at 4:09 am

It says the video is not available for my country!???????? That was a first…

Louise January 29, 2009 at 5:13 am

I made Paula’s “Toffee Brownies” a year ago. The recipe is http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/toffee-brownies-recipe/index.html
She calls for 1 17.6 oz. brownie mix, but I put in my notes it needs 2 packages for a 9X13 pan. I also think they were better cold. She recommends using 3 Symphony bars.

Lisa January 29, 2009 at 7:27 am

I’m so sad…I can’t the video. it says that it’s not available to my country (Puerto Rico) :-(

Wendy January 29, 2009 at 8:09 am

Hi Anna! I’ve been making brownies similiar to these for a couple years. They are also good if you use the new Reese’s peanut butter giant bars or if you can find them, the Hershey peanut butter giant bars. The possibilities are endless! and its soo easy! =)

Anna January 29, 2009 at 8:23 am

Was it just me, or did anyone get the feeling Paula wanted to say which brand brownie mix she liked using? She started to say something, then realized she couldn’t say brands and said she liked the “chewy” type. Maybe I’m just projecting. Maybe she did mean to say chewy. I would have wanted to say the brand.

Therese B. January 29, 2009 at 9:11 am

Did you hear that Miss Paula Deen is going to have a talk show in September 2009???? Who want’s to go!! I happened to see it on her website.
She is so much of a hero to me…my Christmas gift was a silver bracelet from her Paula Deen website that say’s hey y’all.
Love her!
Anna, I bet she used Betty Crocker..don’t you think?

Katrina January 29, 2009 at 9:33 am

Love her! Too funny, the whole on a diet thing and adding vegetables with the sprig of mint.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer January 29, 2009 at 11:04 am

I love her – Thanks for sharing!!!

Patti January 29, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Can anyone spell “tin foil” the way she pronounces it? She makes me laugh. Loved how she said if you’re on a diet, just leave the topping off (because it’s okay to have 3 whole candy bars in your brownies and still be ON your diet???). Great video. Thanks for the post.

Katrina January 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Patti, when Paula says certain words, like foil, boil, oil, it almost sounds like it hurts to me. Love her accent!

Janet January 29, 2009 at 2:19 pm

I just made these for my grandson’s birthday last night. I make them with the Betty Crocker brownies and make the cake brownies. I also use 2 boxes of brownies. I make the day before I am going to serve and refrigerate. If you want to warm them after they are firm, just a few seconds in the mircowave. I served with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce and strawberries. He wanted this instead of cake because he says they are his favorite brownies. I had one left to take to the woman I work with, and she now wants the recipe. I gave it to another friend last month and she was the hit of the party she went to. These are great!!

Randi February 2, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I couldnt watch it in my freaking country ( Canada) I’m a LA times subscriber too!!