It’s That Time Again….Almost

by on January 6, 2009 · 12 comments

Good Morning, Cookie Lovers!

Things are back to normal. Fuzz returned to school, Todd’s left for work and I have to start focusing on some volunteer projects — the first of which is coordinating our troop’s Girl Scout cookies. I was cookie coordinator last year and thought I had it all down; then they changed things up a bit this year and the more seasoned stay-at-home dad cookie coordinator who was helping me moved away. So I’m on my own and a little nervous. To help remind me that *It’s just cookies* and this is supposed to fun, I’ll be linking to various articles on Girl Scout Cookies. I’ll also be collecting more recipes that call for them, so if you know of any or see any that look exceptional, shoot me an email.

I’ve also created a Girl Scout Cookie Recipe category in the left sidebar. So far, the only thing I’ve put there is Thin Mint Pie which is extremely delicious and a very good use for Thin Mints. As I come across new recipes, I’ll add them to the category.

Thin Mint Pie

Published on January 6, 2009

Linda January 6, 2009 at 9:27 am

This is NOT a good post to start off the year!! Your picture is good enough to eat! This sounds nice and easy…maybe a sometimes treat. I MUST TRY THIS! I’ll just try not to eat the whole thing!!
Great recipe!

HeartofGlass January 6, 2009 at 9:40 am

Admittedly, not quite a recipe, but it is worth adding that Thin Mints improve in taste (at least, IMHO, and I’m not a big chocolate mint person) if they are housed in the freezer!

VeggieGirl January 6, 2009 at 9:47 am

Oooooh boy, that pie!! Wowza.

Good luck to Fuzz at school, Todd at work… and to you!! :-D

Sue January 6, 2009 at 10:14 am

That’s a big job, but no doubt you’ll do GREAT! You’re a good person, to do this.

Katrina January 6, 2009 at 10:23 am

You’ve probably already seen, but Baking Bites recently posted about Girl Scout cookies and has recipe for most of them. And another thin mint dessert.
Yours looks great! Good luck with the cookies! I hope that doesn’t mean we won’t see any cookies from you! ;)

Barbara Hahn January 6, 2009 at 10:55 am

Anna, I felt your pain about coordinating Girl Scout cookies many years ago. The worst day for me was when the shipment makes it to your location. We did Girl Scout cookies for the whole county so we filled the VFW hall. You need lots of hands on people.
That pie looks delicious.

Amy W January 6, 2009 at 11:52 am

I made that pie last year, it was delicious!

I look forward to more recipes, I lead my daughter’s Daisy troop, and this is the first year Daisy’s are selling cookies. Fun (I think)!

dawn January 6, 2009 at 3:33 pm

I made a shortbread (can’t remember the name of it as my memory is shot right now), but it’s on my blog and it tastes a lot like the Samoas. They were so tasty.

C L January 6, 2009 at 5:17 pm

You can do it, yes you can! :) And the pie looks sinfully good! Thank goodness pictures have no calories! LOL ;)

I wish there were a local GS troop here. I miss stocking up on my yearly supply! Definitely a “soft touch” where kidlets and fundraisers are concerned… ;) Wishing great sales to Fuzz and Anna! :)

Tracy January 6, 2009 at 11:05 pm

It’s kind of nice getting back in the routine, isn’t it?

It’s very fitting that you’re the Girl Scout Cookie lady! I’m sure you’ll do a great job!

Mary Ann January 7, 2009 at 11:19 am

We always make room for Thin Mints, Anna! Thanks for the advance notice on GS cookie season.

Anita January 7, 2009 at 5:17 pm

This is my third year as “cookie mom” for our troop. Compared to what the leaders do for the girls, this is a small contribution to the troop’s overall financial health – but it’s a small troop, only 10 girls and 2 are sisters.

Have you seen the recipes on the little brownie website? The sales materials suggest that the girls bundle boxes of cookies with recipes to increase booth sales.