AllRecipes Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies Review

Well, I’m finally getting around to posting today’s cookies– Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies. Sorry it’s late. I spent all morning at the hair salon then came home and wasted a lot of time on travel sites. I think I’m putting all my recipe building energy into travel routing. It’s kind of a puzzle, really. Expedia and Sidestep are good starting points, but if you are creative you can build better air routes by figuring out which airline uses which hub and what days are the cheapest.

But back to cookies — yesterday I went to a big liquor store here called Specs. Along with all kinds of wine and booze, they sell gourmet products and baking ingredients. I stocked up on my favorite every day vanilla (La Vencedora) and bought some more agave nectar. This time it was $3.99 for a 12 oz container, so I guess that’s better than what I said it was last time…..$7.00.

So today I wanted to use some agave and decided to try it out in this recipe. I halved the recipe and took a lady’s advice to increase the flour and use agave in place of both honey & brown sugar. My cookies were pretty good, but not very sweet and kind of dry. They’re still okay, but I recommend you make the recipe as written on allrecipes.com or use the agave in place of the honey and keep the brown sugar. Oh, and add a little salt!

Great recipe, agave or not, on allrecipes.com.

whole wheat peanut butter cookies

Comments

Still eating and loving your Stir and Bake Peanut Butter Protein Cookies and want to make them again with agave. Will let you know!

I’ll be so jealous if you end up going to Italy! But of course, happy for you as well. :-)
    I think it’s interesting that a liquor store carries vanilla and some baking and gourmet items.

3. Shannon Abdollmohammadi says

Anna,

looking at your cookies reminds me when I was little and my mom would let me press the tops of the peanut butter cookies with the fork. Another funny thing, I actually was craving a peanut butter cookie today at the mall, so I bought one at Mrs. Fields.

4. T. Martin says

Anna,

Did you use regular whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour? I always keep whole wheat pastry flour in hand but I’m wondering if that would work for a cookie.

How much do you pay for that vanilla? I bought some on ebay and I liked it. I was going to buy it again, but ended up getting two 32oz jars of Neilsen Massy for 64.95( no shipping). It came out cheaper per ounce than the la vencedora.

Randi, it’s about $6.50 for a 32 oz bottle. It’s mild and clean tasting — perfect for cookies! The more expensive vanilla is best for custards, ice cream, pastry cream and stuff like that, but for cookies I prefer a lighter vanilla and La Vencedora hits the spot.