A Smart Cookie

by on February 17, 2009 · 8 comments

Here’s a cookie recipe I ripped out of Better Homes & Gardens. Luckily, it’s also on-line because I already lost the page I ripped out. I’ll review it as soon as I make it, but I’m trying to stay out of the grocery store today (because I didn’t go yesterday and if I skip two days it will be a record) and don’t have the ingredients.

This was a winner in the Smart Cookies contest held by Better Homes & Gardens.

Loaded Oatmeal Cookies (You might have to register to see the recipe, but it’s free).

Published on February 17, 2009

Katrina February 17, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Doggonit, see there you go again, this DOES sound loaded and really good and I DO have everything. You are trying to stay out of the store and I’m trying to stay out of the kitchen! Sigh. This one just might win, it’s all healthy and all! ;) Should I try it?

Carol A, February 17, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Ooh, that really looks good! I have everything except for the wheat germ – well, I might even have enough of that left, and if not I could use oat bran instead.

And here I am just finishing up a big batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (from Oatmeal Cookie Guy) – I signed up with BakingGALS and am sending them to some service folks in Iraq. My first time doing this and I’m so excited!

These are definitely on my “bake soon” list now…

Louise February 17, 2009 at 3:05 pm

You definitely need to keep more in your pantry if you must run to the store to make these. :-)

Anna February 17, 2009 at 3:18 pm

I don’t have dried cranberries and I just ran out of nuts.

Therese B. February 17, 2009 at 3:42 pm

THANK YOU! I love you! I too find myself at the store every other day!! Too funny!
AND THAT IS OKAY!!!!!!!!

I will check this recipe, because I “heart” oatmeal!!!

Will you come visit me this Summer in Wisconsin?!! I will plan it!

Carol A, February 17, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Actually, if these were really “loaded” oatmeal cookies, they’d have one more ingredient…

Anna February 17, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Katrina, you should definitely try these. I’m going to make them as soon as I get the cranberries.

Therese, I will try to visit you….especially since you go to the grocery store often.

Carol, hmmmmmmm. What could that ingredient be? What aisle can I find it on at the grocery store?

Katrina February 17, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I was going to do it, but once kids get home from school, the rest of the day is pretty much shot, you know! Tomorrow!