Happy Thinking Day & Swedish Gingersnaps

Happy Thinking Day!

Today’s a big Girl Scout Holiday and Fuzz and her troop have some activities planned with our local council. The troops are getting together at the school and each troop will be representing a country. Ours is Sweden so we’re taking Swedish Gingersnaps and using the recipe below. I’ll have to report back after the dough’s been baked. My friend Laura made it and the girls will be baking it today.

Swedish Ginger Snaps

In other news, Todd went to Dallas for a stamp show yesterday so I took Fuzz and a friend to the movies. We saw Coraline and Fuzz wasn’t scared at all. She was terrified of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so this was kind of a surprise.

Comments

1. C L says

Best luck and good wishes to Fuzz and Friends! GS Cookies Rock! :) I eagerly await your review of the Gingersnaps as they are the first choice of a friend of mine who is in need of a cookie fix. :)

How much “thinking” is involved on Thinking Day…deep thoughts or just light “woolgathering”? LOL ;)

Have fun, Fuzz!

So, is it “Happy Thinking” Day (as in, think happy thoughts) or Happy “Thinking” Day (as in, “have a fun day of thinking!)? Either one works, I guess.

3. Sue says

I’ll have to compare this recipe to a recipe for “Soft Gingersnaps” that came from a Swedish family’s recipe box. I hope the girls have fun baking them and that they enjoy Thinking Day.

4. beth says

Good for Fuzz! My 5th grade son is still freaked out about Coraline. I didn’t see it with him, but I hear “Other Mother” is something else:)

Beth, what kept me from being scared of Other Mother was that I knew it was Teri Hatcher….so I kept thinking of Other Mother as Susan from Desperate Housewives.

I hope your son recovers from the Coraline scare.

On another topic, the gingerbread cookies were great! My friend Laura didn’t bother to cut them. Instead, she rolled them into tiny circles, pressed them down and sprinkled sugar on the top.

What a great activity–and the best part of baking, of course, is the reward! I’m sure these girls were quite rewarded with such a yummy-sounding recipe!