French Silk Pie from Martha Stewart

My dad came over for dinner last night so I took the opportunity to make and serve a French Silk Pie from Martha Stewart. The pie was excellent. The chocolate part was a bit denser than the Cooks’ Country Pie, but it was still very good. Plus, the recipe scores bonus points for being super simple.

Another bonus is that this recipe seems easy to scale down. You could buy mini pie shells such as these, make 1/3 of the filling using 4 T butter, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 oz chocolate, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and make about 3 (?) little mini pies.

P.S. I used pasteurized raw eggs

RECIPE

French Silk Pie

Comments

1. Louise says

That texture looks more like what I remember as French Silk Pie. More dense, Less mousse-like. :-)

2. Karen says

I am going to have to try that one, do you think it would be good in a crumb crust or would that be sweetness overkill? I guess I can just try it and see!

I’d probably pick this one. The CC one was excellent, but dealing with the candy thermometer beating the eggs over boiling water was kind of a pain. Plus, it seemed sweeter. This one is less sweet. But they were both good.

Welcome back! That looks fabulous. I’ve never made french silk pie. It looks easy enough to make for Easter. (I say “easy enough” because I host and have a ton of dishes to make!)

The pie turned out fabulously–thick and chocolatey with that silky texture. YUM! I’m sure your dad adored it!

6. Jennie says

oh gosh, Anna! That picture just made me realize how hungry I am! YUMMY! I will be trying that recipe. I wish I could whip it up quick for dinner tonight! :)

Made this for Thanksgiving… it was a little sweet for me. Next time I’ll go with a less-sweet whipped cream topping to counteract it. but still really good!