Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

by on March 2, 2009 · 12 comments

I feel like I should make a special cookie in honor of Dr. Seuss, but the truth is I’m not feeling great today. Some lemon juice squirted into my eye last night and it stings. Still, it’s a special day! What kind of cookie would you make for Dr. Seuss?

Published on March 2, 2009

Louise March 2, 2009 at 2:36 pm
Katrina March 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Please, no one say a cookie with green eggs and ham! ;)
There’s a site Activity Village with some cute ideas for Dr. Seuss recipe fun.

Emily March 2, 2009 at 3:03 pm

A cookie with Swedish Fish in them? For One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

Sue March 2, 2009 at 3:11 pm

I’d make the Chocolate Sundae Cookies that I shared the recipe for. My Grandma often called them Top Hat Cookies, so I’d make them and think of The Cat in the Hat.
Have you ever seen that cake contest show on Food Network? One time when I saw it the theme was somehow related Dr. Seuss. The cakes were really cool.
Hope your eye is feeling better soon. Ouch!

Jules March 2, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Snickerdoodle sounds like a Dr. Seuss cookie.

beth March 2, 2009 at 5:19 pm

My friend had a great idea for an after school event honoring Dr.Suess. She ordered mini black and white cookies from the bakery and asked that they be frosted in red and white instead. They were a big hit and the kids never missed the chocolate.

beth March 2, 2009 at 5:21 pm

How could I spell Dr.Seuss wrong in the previous post? Sorry guys!

HeartofGlass March 2, 2009 at 6:17 pm

How ’bout some butter cookies with the butter side down and up?

Sophia March 2, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I think I’d make monster cookies. No real reason. They just seem Seuss-ish.

Anna March 2, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Okay, so guess what I made? Chili.

It was good after I made a bunch of changes. Not sure whether to review it or not. Liked the concept, though.

Robin March 4, 2009 at 12:06 pm

My girlfriend makes these awesome cookies with oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&M’s, coconut, craisins, and heath bar pieces.

I’d have her make those for Dr. Suess!

Anna March 4, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I hope Dr. Seuss isn’t upset with me, but I missed his birthday. Next year I’ll try harder.

Robin, those sound good! I think I’d make them any day.