Hello From Florence!

I apologize for not answering comments as fast as usual, but we are on vacation. For the past 3 nights we were in Rome and today we arrived by train in Florence where I now have free wireless at the lovely Hotel Silla on the south bank of the Arno. I will probably post some pictures in the next few days, but we’re trying to stay off the computer. It’s sunny and gorgeous here.

Will write later, but if you are considering a trip to Rome, here are two restaurants to add to your list — Nino and Da Baffeto, where we had the best pizza in the world.

The pastry/candy/cookie scene is overwhelming. I can’t even talk about it now.

Thanks again for all the tips you left in the comment section of the blood orange juice giveaway :). They’re really coming in handy.

Ciao for now!

Cookie Madness

Comments

Anna,
    I’m so jealous, I can’t even see straight! I’ve had big dreams of going to Rome for years now. I can’t wait to see some pictures and hear about your travels!

Enjoy!

Nino is one of our favorite restaurants in Rome! I’m sorry that I didn’t get a chance to post suggestions earlier but I’ll throw in a late suggestion, just in case you happen to have a dining hole in your schedule. Florence is one of my favorite Italian cities to eat in and Ristorante la Giostra has amazing food and an incredible atmosphere. Have a great time in Florence and on the rest of your trip!

3. Louise says

A couple food photos and we’ll be drooling all over our keyboards. It’s not possible to have a bad meal in Italy. Enjoy.

Have a WONDERFUL time in italy! what a beautiful place and i hope you try out all of the delicacies that were suggested!

5. Tara says

What are you doing on the computer! Go see Florence! It was my favorite spot in all of Italy!

There was a rainbow over the Arno today. I took some pictures but unfortunately, the little paint shop ap that came with my Netbook won’t let me reduce the photo enought to post it. Heading to Il Latini tonight. La Giostra tomorrow.

7. Louise says

Anna, What happens if you go into Windows Explorer and right click on the photo to send it to someone, such as yourself? Assuming you’re running Windows, it should offer to send a smaller image. We’d love to see a photo. I, too, loved Florence — except for all the Vespas, which made me think I was in an old Italian movie. ;-)

8. Rina says

You succeeded in taking your laptop along! Lol. Have a wonderful trip and please do eat lots of gelato. If you visit the Uffizi, make sure you get there super early, the lines are obscene. Can’t wait to hear all about your adventure!

Arn’t you the gadabout? That’s ok, do it while you are young and able. Is Fuzz with you?

Enjoy every minute and don’t worry about posting pictures until you get home.

10. Therese B. says

Enjoy your trip Anna!!! Gosh…if you see the Pope will you say hello?!!

Ah dear…have a grand time!

Enjoy!

Sounds awesome! I’m sorry we missed each other at SXSW! I did make it to the whole foods event and met a lot of local Austin food bloggers which was a real treat. Have a great trip! Hope to meet you soon! – Babette

12. pumpkinpie says

Great pictures! Enjoy your trip, and try to visit Buca San Giovanni in Florence for the best local cuisine served with charm and family pride.