Some Photos from Florence

After checking into our hotel, our first stop was a very old and beautiful coffee house called Gilli.  Fuzz had the hot chocolate.  She also liked the fact there was a carousel next door.

hot chocolate

On the way back to the hotel, it started raining. Here’s a photo before the shower.

Rainbow Over Arno

After the rain and a short rest in the hotel, we walked to San Lorenzo for dinner at I Latini.  Fuzz said it was her favorite meal of the trip.  I didn’t take photos :(.  Tables are so close to each other here that taking photos in restaurants is kind of awkward.

This morning we covered a lot of territory and climbed to the top of the Cupola of the Duomo.  The climb is steep and not for the faint of heart!

duomo

After the climb, we visited our good friends The Medici/Medicee (I’ve noticed it is spelled this way around here some places) in their chapel.  Fuzz is interested in the Medici and asking plenty of intelligent questions.  I hope this all comes in handy when she takes world and art history

And speaking of art, the next stop was a gallery called the Uffizi where we saw many famous paintings.  I couldn’t take photos of the art, but here’s a photo of a nearby bridge called Ponte Vechhio.  If you like shopping for jewelry, that’s the place to go.

bridge

Comments

1. hulagirl247 says

it looks like you (collectively) are having a wonderful time! the photos are very enticing & delightful – (the cocoa looks dangerously decadent) – and you’ve even managed to capture an italian rainbow!

thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us (and to fuzz for being a willing model!)

wishing you much joy & safety throughout your trip ~

Wow, that hot chocolate looks amazing!! Yay for Fuzz being into world and art histories!! Those are some of my favorite subjects. And I’m so jealous you were just at the Ufizzi. What a terrific trip!

We spent 10 days in Italy last April – you’re trip sounds heavenly = what a great family experience. My favorite memory took place in Assisi. My least favorite: $45 gilato – don’t even get me started………………….!

4. Tessa says

Ciao Anna, I´m glad to hear you and your family had such a great time in my city :)
    Next time you visit – I could give you some tips (where you can find the best ice cream ever – gonna love it!)
    btw. i love your blog

Cordialità,

Oh my…so wonderful that you can be there…I’ll join the others in dreaming tonight! My sister is on her way to Italy to visit her son….maybe someday I’ll go too!

oh What heaven, I am ready for a few weeks holiday now, after seeing those stunning pictures – I know where I will dream about going.

Thanks so much for sharing your awesome photos! I wish I was there. I’m happy that Fuzz liked Gilli. When I lived in Florence, studying abroad, we would go to Gilli everyday in between classes and sit outside and soak up the sun and people watch. The photo of the hot chocolate made me feel 19 years old again- so thank you!

I did that same climb (um, 11 years ago, though) – and then my sister made me climb the tower part, too! Both are so worth it for the view. Also, I would like a cup of that hot chocolate RIGHT NOW.