A Real Houswife Cookie

I watched The Real Housewives of the OC one time on the treadmill. I’d read somewhere that one of them had the same freaky ear problem as I did and could identify, but she never talked about her ear and I didn’t keep watching the show. But other people did, and then they made more Real Housewives shows. Now I have a passing interest in The Real Housewives of New York because one of them likes to bake. Her name is Bethenny and her Naturally Thin Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is posted on GMA.

If you make these, let me know. Remember, you can make your own oat flour by grinding it up in the coffee grinder.

Comments

HAHA I love how you began your post with your exercise regimen and then ended it with “I have a rotten banana here, but I’m not in the mood for anything healthy today.” I know the feeling all too well.

Aren’t Quick Oats just already partially ground old fashioned oats?

Anna, you really just saw these “healthy” cookies and thought of me, huh! Poor cookie-deprived me! ;) I am printing the recipe.

Those sound soo good. Thanks for the post ^.^ I’ve gotten hooked on one of those silly shows because I too was running and that was the only thing on the gym TV lol

Pearl, I think any oats will do. You’re going to grind them into a flour, so it shouldn’t make a difference. I wouldn’t use instant, though. I think they’ve been cooked and dehydrated.

Katrina, this cookie has your name on it…you real housewife, you.

Louise, yes. It’s housewives of the OC. They’re the originals.

Jennifer, do you watch Tori & Dean too?

5. Louise says

Except Orange County Choppers is Orange County, New York, actually Nyack, not Orange County, California.

6. amy says

Strange, I have been obsessing about these cookies for a few weeks now!
    I haven’t made them, because there is another version of the recipe on Health magazine’s website that looks better (i.e. not as low-fat). I can’t figure out how to post a link here but if you google bethenny frankel banana recipe you should find the one on http://www.health.com

I had to try these, so I whipped them up tonight with in 7 minutes. I loved these cookies! Next time I would add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. The recipe made 18 cookies. I also used half white and half chocolate chips. Enjoy! I have a photo on my blog.

I’m intrigued by Bethenny as well. I’m not usually one for healthy desserts, but I’d be interested to know what people thought of her recipe, too.

Hey Anna –

I have a “healthy” cookie question. Have you ever found a suitable replacement for butter in recipes? I can’t have dairy anymore and I really, really, really miss cookies. =) Thanks!

10. krista says

just made these – super quick and YUMMY! my kids are devouring them! i ground my oats in the food processor… i don’t think they got as fine as they should have, but the cookies have a great texture. thanks for sharing!