S’mores Cookies

The recipe is from an old post here on Cookie Madness, but I cleaned it up and took a new picture. I put the marshmallows and chocolate on near the end so the marshmallows won’t get too chewy and the milk chocolate won’t dry out.

s'mores cookies

s’mores cookies

S’mores Cookies

6 oz (170 grams) unsalted butter, cool room temperature
1/2 cup (96 grams) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (100 grams) packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt
1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) baking soda
1 1/4 cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (around 90 grams) graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups (265 grams) semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup miniature marshmallows (approximately)
2 Hershey Bars, broken into pieces (or other favorite milk chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer; beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in salt and baking soda making sure they are well distributed and free of lumps; stir in the flour, followed by graham cracker crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, spacing about 3 inches apart. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows and chocolate into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done (about 3 or 4 more minutes)

Makes about 3 dozen

Comments

Mmmm, these s’mores cookies look fabulous. My friend Risa (of Baked Perfection) and I were actually talking about S’mores cookies today and how wonderful they were. These look delicious!!

Sigh! I need to go have one of my boring (but GOOD) low fat whole grain banana cookies.
    Love “delicious hot schmoes” (what movie, anyone?) cookies!

3. Rachel B says

Yum, these look like a fun treat! Perhaps I should go use up my miniature marshmallows . . .

4. Kris says

It was a search for S’more cookies that 1st led me to your site and this recipe. Now I visit every day. This has become my kids’ absolute favorite cookie! Delicious!

5. Deanie says

These remind me of another smore’s recipe I’ve made. It’s like a choc chip cookie dough but has graham in it, and you put baked cookies upside down on a plate with a marshmallow on top, nuke them, then top with another cookie. Kind of fun to make!

6. Ginny says

I’m not usually a huge fan of smores but these cookies are awesome. Thanks!

Hi Anna!

I might make these to take with me this weekend when I help my son move out of the dorm. Do you always make these with Hershey’s milk chocolate, or are there are milk chocolates you like to us as well? Just curious.

I use Hershey’s because that’s what we made s’mores with as a little girl. You can use whatever milk chocolate you want. The milk chocolate in that cookie photo is from a Ritter Sport bar.

Hi Katherine,

I think I’d describe these as more of a chewy cookie with crispy edges. They’re good, though!

These cookies were awesome. Especially right out of the oven, they are a favorite. Now I just have to stay away from eating them all!