Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

We’re still on vacation in Los Angeles. The weather is beautiful, there’s so much to do and the food is great. In fact, I logged on just so I could tell you about a cookie. It’s from a place called Urth Cafe cafe where they have a very good lunch dishes plus a tempting array of baked goods. I know because I’ve been there twice in two days and already want to go back. As for the cookie, it’s called The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie, and it’s free of dairy, eggs AND wheat. The ingredients are bittersweet chocolate, barley-flour, soy margarine, brown sugar, pecans, oat-flour, egg replacer, pure vanilla, baking soda and salt. I can’t wait to try making these at home. If you have a clone, let me know.

urth-cookie

Sorry this picture is so shabby. I forgot my camera and had to use Todd’s iPhone.

Comments

Our natural foods store has a similar cookie that I’ve always been tempted to try. Now I’ll have to give it a shot. Glad you’re having so much edible fun! ;)
    Is there other cookies there, too? Our store here has also peanut butter and an oatmeal cookie. I need to go to that store, so maybe Tuesday I’ll head over there.

I’m intrigued by a wheat free cookie that you like so much! The wheat free cookies I’ve tried were disappointing.
    Glad to know you’re having a great time!

OMG I just went to the Urth Cafe for the first time today! I went to the one in WeHo (West Hollywood!). I am posting a review on it tomorrow! What a coincidence! Hope you’re enjoying your vacation!

hello! i’ve been a fan of your blog for such a long time. your blog is fabulous and full of wonderful recipes. i am going to check out this vegan cookie today. looks delicious! thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
    Charmaine

Liz Lovely is another great place to find vegan cookies. Even my anti-vegan friends couldn’t tell that they contained no dairy. :)

Lizlovely.com

Sorry for the big delay in comment answering. We’re home!

Katrina, I remember seeing an oatmeal cookie at Urth and I’m sure they have others.

Sue, this one was good. It did have a pretty strong barley flavor, but I liked it a lot.

What a coincidence, Annabel! I am going to read your review today. We managed to skip Urth on Day 3 and have lunch at The Farmer’s Market which was also incredible (but in a different sort of way).

Elyse, the real thing was better ;).

Cathy, it was pretty crowded so I figured it was.

Hi Charmaine! It’s good to see you here in the comment section. Thanks for saying hello. I like your Memorial Day pictures.

Valerina, we missed Liz Lovely. We missed a lot of places! The trip was too short (as usual).

7. janet says

Belated Happy Memorial Day! Glad you had a good time in LA! Welcome back! I will have to try to locate some vegan cookies in my area. That one looked good!

Hi Anna,
    I’m glad the CA weather cooperated for the Memorial Day Weekend! It was actually nicer than had been predicted. Sounds like you had a great time.

hello! just wanted to say thank you for the cookie tip. the cookie was so delicious. i bought two at the one in Santa Monica on Main
    street. really cute place! i went to the one in West Hollywood on Melrose first but it was way too packed. it’s a really popular place. the cookies are really big and very good. thanks again!

God Bless,