Hat Rescue

by on June 15, 2009 · 12 comments

Sorry for skipping out on Cookie Madness yesterday. My stepmother is in Ireland and my dad, who is home alone, invited us to spend the day at their lake house. It was hot and I’m still tired from being in the sun, but we had fun. Here’s a picture of Todd rescuing my favorite hat from the lake.

hat-rescue

Published on June 15, 2009

Louise June 15, 2009 at 6:58 am

You need a hat strap. They sell them at boating stores and I can’t say I’ve seen them elsewhere. They have a small alligator clip on both ends and a four or five inch piece of round elastic in between the clips. So a clip to your shirt and a clip to your hat and let the wind blow.

Anna June 15, 2009 at 7:03 am

Yes, I need a hat strap. I also need a jet ski. We were in a pontoon boat, but people were jet skiing all around us and it looked so fun.

Louise June 15, 2009 at 7:12 am

I hate the noise of those things. (We ride quiet motorcycles.) Our friends in Maine who live on a lake bought a used one. Believe it or not, the woman is 75 and her brother, who’s 83, has the cottage next door. They use it as well as their canoes.

Katrina June 15, 2009 at 7:27 am

Fun! Glad you could go be with your dad! I posted about my fun use of pecans with a yummy apple cookie! Come on over. ;)

Carole Resnick June 15, 2009 at 8:25 am

When we were in St. Kitts and were walking down the pier from the ship to the shopping area a gust of wind sent Alvin’s hat into the Caribbean. I very nice young man dived into the sea and rescued the hat. His tip was greater than the value of the hat.

clumbsycookie June 15, 2009 at 9:47 am

I actually read cat rescue, ahahah! Guess I should use the glasses after all! Glad you had fun and that the HAT was rescued!

ang June 15, 2009 at 11:45 am

Hope yr stepmother having a good time. The sun is shining here in Ireland… yippeeee.. not used to it.

janet June 15, 2009 at 11:49 am

Sounds like a fun day….you were missed;-)

Kerstin June 15, 2009 at 11:57 am

How fun – glad you didn’t lose your hat!

I finally made your Frito candy this weekend for a potluck and it was SO good! Definitely a popular choice and conversation piece at the party :)

Anna June 15, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Louise, Todd rode a motorcycle for the first time yesterday as well. He loved it!

Katrina, I’m on my way over…

Carole, that’s a great story! With hats, it’s all about sentimental value. Or some people have “lucky” hats which of course you can’t put a value on.

Rita, “Cat Rescue” would have been more interesting.

Ang, shout out to Ireland! Enjoy the sun. Do they even sell suncreen in Ireland? Just kidding. I’m sure my stepmother is having the time of her life. I think she went to Scotland as well.

Janet, thanks for checking in on Sunday. LOL.

Kerstin, I threw it in the water just so Todd would have to fish it out. Okay, not really. The wind just blew it off…a big, unexpected gust of wind. Glad you tried the Frito candy.

C L June 15, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Three cheers for Todd (or should that be “hats off”?)! ;) Chivalry is not dead! So glad you and your family had fun-in-the-sun. :)

LilSis June 15, 2009 at 10:04 pm

You certainly deserve a day off from baking, especially to spend a day with your father. It sounds like a great day! I can’t tell you how much we’d love to be able to spend another day with our dad on his boat at the lake.