The Real Pie Club

by on June 7, 2009 · 8 comments

I guess it’s the heat, but instead of cookies I keep thinking about pie — not baked pies or fruit pies, but creamy, frozen pies like sour cream lemon, Irish cream pie and strawberry chiffon. Somehow, while thinking about pies, I stumbled across this site.

The Real Pie Club

I don’t know any of the members, but I’d like to be part of that club!

lemon-meringue-pie-019

Published on June 7, 2009

Therese B. June 7, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Pie…

Oh how I have a fear of pie! Especially
pie crust. I think it’s because my mother-in-law makes the perfect crust.
I will never be able to surpass her crust.
She has the magic touch!

She makes all kinds of pie too. From Apple to
banana creme.
I want her to teach me how…it is on my list of goals…I am sure she would be happty to
show me. She is a really nice mom-n-law!

CindyD June 7, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Have you looked at the Cool Whip site? My favorite is Cheesy Cherry Pie, which would be just as good with strawberries. I made their lemonade pie a long time ago and remember really liking it, too.

Louise June 7, 2009 at 3:59 pm

It looks like “The Real Pie Club” needs you. It appears they haven’t posted anything since February. I like the looks of the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Both are in season right now. :-)

Denise June 7, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I love pie, but dont make as many as I should.

Katrina June 7, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Mmmm, pie! We seem to only have pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I love most pies! Now I don’t really NEED more pie, but they are good! ;)

Gina June 7, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Hmm…for a site calling itself the “The REAL Pie Club,” there are a lot of recipes calling for Pillsbury refrigerated crusts and/or pre-fab graham cracker crusts!

Maybe I’m just feeling snooty because I conducted a nearly four-hour workshop on pie-making yesterday, and I taught seven beginners to make stellar pie crusts by hand!

Kaitlin June 7, 2009 at 10:34 pm

That looks awesome! You should definitely check out my Reese Cup Ice Cream Pie, it’s AMAZING! Everyone should try it. Here’s the link:

snooky doodle June 7, 2009 at 10:49 pm

that pie looks incredibly yummy :)