Kona Coffee Cookies, Pie, and Brownies!

You know what I love? Starting a baking project in a sparkly, clean kitchen. The housekeepers came today and ours looks pretty spiffy, but I’m hesitant to mess it up because we’re having a special guest this evening – Lizzie’s dog behaviorist, Steve Nicely of Nicely Trained Dogs. The vet recommended we try a few sessions and I’m sort of nervous.  I want him to think that Lizzie lives in a nice, clean environment.

In the meantime, here are a few bloggers who made me *almost* re-think my decision not to bake today.

Mary at One Perfect Bite put Kona coffee in her peanut butter cookies. Holy Smokes!

Kona Coffee Cookies

Sue’s Raspberry Chiffon Pie has been taunting me for weeks, as has Gesine’s Best Ever Pie Crust. I have to admit, I’ve been cheating a lot lately and using pre-made. Nobody around here is really picky about pie crust, but I still feel guilty when I don’t make myself.  Sheesh.

And finally, there’s Megan’s Triple Chocolate Brownies, a recipe she got from Anna Olson. I’ve never had a dud from Anna Olson (or Megan) and can’t wait to try those.

So here’s to tomorrow’s messy kitchen!

Comments

I totally hear you about the kitchen. Right after it’s cleaned I don’t want anyone to touch anything for at least 24 hours. Just so I can admire the pristine conditions.

Then, of course, it all goes downhill!

After seeing your strawberry pie the other day, I can’t get a fruit based pie out of my head. And it doesn’t help that I have tons of raspberries and strawberries in the freezer!

Pssst – go for the brownies!

2. Louise says

My Norwegian Forest Cat saw an animal psychologist. I think the professional failed badly. :-)

Ooh, Anna, try Megan’s recent raspberry pie instead. No wait, you better not. JK–Megan!!! But you better stick with her chocolate creations! I say go for the brownies first.

I’m always picky about letting the kids walk on the kitchen floor the day I’ve mopped. I just want to see it clean for a short time, is that too much to ask?

I love the dog behavorist’s name–how nice is that? Perfect name for the business! Hope Lizzie is on her best behavior! ;)

Well…. the raspberry pie really is excellent! I’ve made a recipe very similar to Megan’s triple chocolate brownies and they’re very good too, but you can make brownies any time of year. Fresh raspberries aren’t essential for the recipe but since they’re available right now I’d have to say go for it.
    Hope all goes well with the behaviorist! At least the kitchen is clean. :-)

5. Sarah says

If you ever decide you want to do some group obedience lessons with Lizzie, I’d recommend Exmoor Pet Care at the corner of Brodie & Convict Hill. Fuzz could even be the handler during the classes if you want. We thought it was money well spent!

Well, Steve had to cancel so Lizzie got day off. Sarah, thank you for the Exmoor recommendation. That might come in handy should we decide to take group lessons. Austin has quite a few.

7. Therese B. says

When we HAD (he is in doggie heaven), Jimi
    Hendrix, our dauschaund we took him to
    Petco for obedience. He hooked up with other
    doggies and did quite well in class.
    It was a lot of fun.

We miss him…and we are thinking of getting
    another pup.