Slice of Pie

I once did a radio interview and little did he know, the DJ gave me a piece of advice I’ll never forget. When you’re trying to make pie look good, point it toward the audience. Subliminally, the pie is saying “Hey, I’m looking at you…I’m for you…you are worthy.” Or something like that. So I always try to point pie pictures or slices towards people.

strawberry-pie-point

Anyway, I’m posting this so you can see that the pie from yesterday did actually hold together. It was so good! I hope you try it.

Comments

That DOES look great. I have a hard time slicing nicely. I’m getting better at it, just because of TWD. Glad it was well liked at your house. That’s always an issue here of whether I make things or not. Kevin doesn’t care for strawberries. (I never met a fruit I didn’t like.)

2. Louise says

If Kevin doesn’t care for strawberries, there’s something wrong with him. But, more for you. :-)

Katrina, I hate to join the bandwagon, and as a cake lover I can intellectually understand how your husband doesn’t like frosting, but strawberries…strawberries…especially after looking at Anna’s cake pointing right at me…

Maybe Kevin doesn’t like seeds getting stuck in his teeth. This pie was great, but strawberries aren’t my favorite fruit because of the seed issue.

Yep, he does have a bit of the seed issue, but says strawberries just aren’t his favorite. He’ll eat them. In fact, years ago I made a pie similar to this, with the strawberries all standing up and he liked it (or maybe that was back when he was just telling me that! ;) ha
    (He doesn’t like popcorn or corn on the cob for the same issue about stuff in his teeth.) I say floss when you’re done. hehe

That’s pretty funny, Hearto’

Haha–perhaps with all of the alterations they are doing to fruit, in 10 years they will develop seedless strawberries! For some reason, I don’t have a strawberry seed problem so much as a raspberry seed problem! Those require major flossing action.